Favour from Strava Premium member please

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited November 2013 in Commuting chat
Can someone download this GPX file for me?

Rode it today with a friend but my phone died half way round as I kept having to look for directions (hence the slghtly mad route) and keen to log the miles.

http://www.strava.com/activities/95616941

Drop me a PM and I'll send my email address.

Thanks v much.

Comments

• jspash
    jspash Posts: 107
    The download button is missing. I don't think just anyone can download the file. I guess it's only available to those on the ride.
  • Anonymous
    ah ok. Thanks a load. Kind of makes sense so you don't re-upload someone elses ride to steal their KOMs!
  • I think what is going on here is the download gives the whole file and breaches the privacy zones.

There used to be a workaround which gave the GPX public part of any activity(Cosmocataleno) - but that stopped when the API changed in Jun 13.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Why aren't you just asking your friend for the file?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    If you just want the distance recorded you can enter it as a manual activity.
  • Anonymous
    @Rolf: He doesn't have premium and it's from a phone upload

@MM Didn't realise you can do that on Strava. Will try now
  • rolf_f
    coriordan wrote:
    @Rolf: He doesn't have premium and it's from a phone upload

@MM Didn't realise you can do that on Strava. Will try now

Surely you can just save the ride from a mobile as a file directly? ie the only way of getting from phone to computer can't be solely Strava. If not then that's one massive 10 out of ten for crapness for phones!

If you are just logging miles, then SCStats does the job with much less nonsense than Strava! :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Have put it on strava manually.

The ride was recorded in the other guy's phone on strava so it uploads directly to the website once you hit save.
  • rolf_f
    coriordan wrote:
    Have put it on strava manually.

The ride was recorded in the other guy's phone on strava so it uploads directly to the website once you hit save.

That sounds like a duff way to do it - minor short term convenience for potential long term massive inconvenience. Presumably you don't have to do it that way? I'd rather manually upload via my hard drive and not have all my data locked into one organisations database forever more.
  • Anonymous
    you can't do that with strava app. If you use other side (endomondo works) you can download the gpx. I tried to use mapmyride as you can follow .fit routes (excellently well) but my phone made a total c0ck up then battery died.

There is no way to load gpx files from Strava on your phone to anything. You can only download (your own only) files if you are a premium member