Jung Personality Test

meursault
meursault Posts: 1,433
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
Anyone bored?

http://personality-testing.info/tests/JUNG.php

I am an INTP apparantly, seems accurate for me.
Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    ISTJ is me.
    I can live with that.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Not bored, just overly compassionate and with a misplaced desire to please, but with an insensitive streak, especially to people who haven't yet had any replies to their post, Mr B doesn't count :D

I'm a INFJ, apparently.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    Taken from the portrait of 47b's personality.
    INFJs operate within themselves on an intuitive basis which is entirely spontaneous. They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it.

You are not Mrs BM, sat upstairs on the laptop are you?
    She is not always right, I just haven't summoned the courage to tell her though. :wink:
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,259
    ISTP me. The description could have been written just for me. Career, hobbies, pastimes, attitude, the lot.
  • fearby
    fearby Posts: 245
    I am INTJ which I knew already and is quite rare and the same as Lance and many other nerdy controlling sociopaths. Thank goodness that is where the similarity ends.
  • fearby wrote:
    I am INTJ which I knew already and is quite rare and the same as Lance and many other nerdy controlling sociopaths. Thank goodness that is where the similarity ends.
    Yeah, I got this too.

But I did lie to every question :wink:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    jung, freud, divergent theories, but they'd both be in the running for first place here... viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12942965

the only personality test i ever agreed with even slighty was tki, which we had inflicted on us at a company management development course

the hr people did it too, and results were shown together, everyone from hr was in the spiteful weak sneaky area

my score was charles manson-ish, i hate management development courses, after two days i was ready to kill

so spot on
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • meursault
    sungod wrote:
    jung, freud, divergent theories, but they'd both be in the running for first place here... viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12942965

the only personality test i ever agreed with even slighty was tki, which we had inflicted on us at a company management development course

the hr people did it too, and results were shown together, everyone from hr was in the spiteful weak sneaky area

my score was charles manson-ish, i hate management development courses, after two days i was ready to kill

so spot on

I wasn't intending to catch any serial killers, it was intended to be slightly more lighthearted.

Voltaire
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    me too :)

bwahahaha
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I'm an INTP apparently, but so were Einstein and Darwin, so it figures :wink:

Not sure what to say for 'are you a curious person' or 'are you decisive' :lol: but the description is spot on.
  • meursault
    Do you think we just read the 'positve' parts that could apply to anybody though?

I seem to remember a Derren Brown thing where students were given the same personality assessment, and they all said, yes, that was them.

Voltaire
  • ballysmate
    I do believe that some of the commuters took the personality test and it came back negative. :wink:
  • ISTJ here.
    The next question, did any one spend the additional 5 minutes answering additional questions to help with their study?
    I didn't, what does that say about us.
    Dave.
  • I'm an ESTP, or Artisan Promoter, along with John F. Kennedy, Teddy Roosevelt, Madonna, and Donald Trump. Not sure I should be bragging about at least one of those.
    Pride and joy: Bianchi Sempre
    Commuting hack: Cube Nature
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    meursault wrote:
    Do you think we just read the 'positve' parts that could apply to anybody though?

I seem to remember a Derren Brown thing where students were given the same personality assessment, and they all said, yes, that was them.

Good old Derren Brown, only 65 years behind Bertram Forer . . .

It's called the Forer Effect. Dr Forer gave a group of his students the following (identical) assessment:
    Dr. Forer wrote:
    You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.
    . . . and told each of them that it was specific to them alone. On a scale of 1 to 5 (least- to most accurate) they rated it overall at 4.26. Most psychometric tests used by HR departments are not one iota removed from this operating principle.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    INTP.
    Never heard of it before, but surprisingly accurate.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • ballysmate
    daviesee wrote:
    INTP.

A Thinker eh? I am apparently A Duty Fulfiller.
    I wonder if anyone's result has revealed them to be a total w@nker?
    Arran, Sean, Pinar, where do you fit in nature's rich tapestry?
  • daviesee
    Ballysmate wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    INTP.

So. You are a duty fulfiller?
    Fark off. :wink:

Now I feel guilty for letting my emotions get the better of me. :oops:
    :lol:
  • meursault
    Giraffoto wrote:
    meursault wrote:

Good old Derren Brown, only 65 years behind Bertram Forer . . .

It's called the Forer Effect. Dr Forer gave a group of his students the following (identical) assessment:
    Dr. Forer wrote:
    You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.
    . . . and told each of them that it was specific to them alone. On a scale of 1 to 5 (least- to most accurate) they rated it overall at 4.26. Most psychometric tests used by HR departments are not one iota removed from this operating principle.

Unfortunately, I didn't catch the Bertie Forer show, though I did guess Brown had referenced someone else.

Voltaire
  • ISTJ here and it sounded nothing at all like me, parts couldn't have applied less.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    ISTJ here.
    The next question, did any one spend the additional 5 minutes answering additional questions to help with their study?
    I didn't, what does that say about us.
    Dave.

I did. It only took a couple of minutes, there were about 20 questions (some quite bizarre; "have you ever thrown a knife or an axe?", "Have you ever thrown an object from a high place?" :lol: ) and then a few about age, gender etc.

ISTJ btw.

The older I get, the better I was.

• daviesee
    ISTJ here and it sounded nothing at all like me, parts couldn't have applied less.
    Maybe they did, but you are in denial.
  • daviesee
    daviesee wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    So. You are a duty fulfiller?
    Fark off. :wink:

Now I feel guilty for letting my emotions get the better of me. :oops:
    :lol:
    Well, whatjano?
    He is a duty fulfiller! :lol:
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    its a bit like horoscopes isn't it. Generally vague positive feedback with a few mild negatives thrown in to make it more realistic. Dr Forer was probably describing the general normal human condition.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    INFJ

I liked these lines in the description:
    "...and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves."
    "INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them."
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    INFJ

"INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them."

:D

I'm a INFJ too, one of us should be concerned :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    ISTJ, which is about as unlike me as it's possible to get - "often religious", for example? I'm an atheist with a "Darwin fish" on his car!!!!!!

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    INFJ

:D

I'm a INFJ too, one of us should be concerned :D

I am very concerned about your concern for me, which is concerning and makes me quite concerned about your concern.
  • pinno
    SecretSam wrote:
    ISTJ, which is about as unlike me as it's possible to get - "often religious", for example? I'm an atheist with a "Darwin fish" on his car!!!!!!

So you don't believe in god and you are in de Nile about your ISTJ diagnosis? Hmmm... does that mean then that you are a closet Presbyterian with an acute personality disorder?
  • Any other ENTJ's around here?

ENTJs often excel in business and other areas that require systems analysis, original thinking, and an economically savvy mind. They are dynamic and pragmatic problem solvers. They tend to have a high degree of confidence in their own abilities, making them assertive and outspoken. In their dealings with others, they are generally outgoing, charismatic, fair-minded, and unaffected by conflict or criticism. However, these qualities can make ENTJs appear arrogant, insensitive, and confrontational. They can overwhelm others with their energy and desire to order the world according to their own vision. As a result, they may seem intimidating, hasty, and controlling.

That paragraph fit me perfectly. I am a cocky barsteward according to some people, and I don't mind calling people out on mistakes or shortcomings but am very fair in my decisions and I detach emotion to make a decision rather than letting emotions rule my decision process. My wife agreed with every statement in my description.