Valve is leaking a bit...

chrisaonabike
chrisaonabike Posts: 1,914
edited November 2013 in Workshop
Fairly sure it's not a slow puncture, since it doesn't go down every time I leave the bike for a few days, just one time in about three, so I reckon the little screw in thing doesn't always seat properly.

... anything that can be done other than chuck the tube?
Is the gorilla tired yet?

Comments

• crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    If you haven't held the inflated tube underwater to check for leaks already try this first. Also wiggle your valve a little while in the water to expose any cuts in the rubber at the base of the stem. If it is your valve and it's the removable type take it out and blow on it to remove any crud and check the tiny rubber seal for damage.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,182
    ^^^this

also, if the valve core is removable, it may just be that it's not screwed in tight enough
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    sungod wrote:
    ^^^this

also, if the valve core is removable, it may just be that it's not screwed in tight enough

+1 If it's eg a Conti tube with the removable valve core, try tightening it up a bit. I've had that a couple of times, which is annoying because you can't tighten them mid ride (nothing useful on the multitool) so it's as good as a puncture.

Stick the whole thing in a bowl of water and pump it up to see where it's coming from