On-one merino jacket

littledove44
littledove44 Posts: 871
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Just worn mine for the first time. Very nice, well made, but not completely wind proof.

Halfway between a jersey and a jacket IMHO.

Now I need to find a lightweight wind stopping thing to go over it.

Comments

• Are you talking about "On-One Merino-Tech Jacket"? I just wanted to place an order because it's merino and "...for windproof performance use", "...to give you a garment that is wind (...) resistant".
    So it's not realy windproof... such a disappointment.
  • Are you talking about "On-One Merino-Tech Jacket"? I just wanted to place an order because it's merino and "...for windproof performance use", "...to give you a garment that is wind (...) resistant".
    So it's not realy windproof... such a disappointment.

Yes. It's this one.
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLOOMTJ/
    Absolutely not wind proof. Very nicely made, fits perfectly etc, but I shall wear mine as a casual item of clothing more than on the bike at this time of year. I am sure it would be fine if the temperature was over 10 degrees, but doing 20 mph in 5 degrees I can feel the find going through it. Despite good base layers, and I even tried it with merino thermals, it was still too cold yesterday.

As I said in my other thread I started today the Aldi cheap jacket I bought this morning was much better at wind proofing.
  • Thanks mate! Saved 50 quids.