larger tops

cwmboyo
cwmboyo Posts: 114
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
struggling to find road tops to fit me, any larger guys out there who know what to buy?
im a 46/48 chest XL and XXL look spray on!
i need pockets in the back as at the mo im wearing my DH tops and FR tops
why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
Norco DH 2008
Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
Trek SL 1200
Cube Peleton

Comments

• Hi boyo,
    Same as me, 48" chest. Try Polaris, I use short sleeve jerseys, niterider jacket and RBS gilet and jacket.
    None of it is "race fit" and I have a mix of XL and XXL. The niterider is great at this time of year with a windproof front.
    Cheers, Dave.
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    cheers Dai, i had a Lusso tops years ago i remembered that fitted ok. if them sizes are XL and XXL i would eat my own Sh*t
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Have a look at fat lads at the back gear from Yorkshire, I know it sounds awfull but the gear looks good and has got good reviews, the other ones to check out are Prendas, top quality gear, good prices and go up to 6xl !!!!
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Endura has some tops that might be worth trying, like the Hummvee jerseys and the MT500 jacket. These are nominally MTB tops with a more relaxed fit than typical road kit (without being baggy), but have pretty neutral styling, proper rear pockets, and are widely available in places like Evans. Their XXL are 48-50".
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    Specialized XL tops will fit.

I am 46 chest and am borderline L/XLin specialized.

An American company with sizing to fit Americans. Not an Italian company making clothes to fit skinny dwarves.
  • 48/50 Chest and fitting into Endura XXL L/S tops (more 48 than 50 now)

Now my go-to brand to try for size

Even the Altura Night Vision Jacket is XXL (XXXL was way too big)

As a 46/48 chest you should be fine