Sky Kit - Rapha Sale

2»

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    ddraver wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Do I love the fact that it says SKY on it? No.
    Do I hate the fact that it says SKY on it? No.

I don't really care - it's perfectly functional.

You are rare, nay, freak source of calm amidst the chaos Ben ;)

Ha, I know. It's even more remarkable, considering the shite day I'm having at my desk!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • FocusZing wrote:
    Black cycling gear is just a bad design. I would not be seen, get knocked off and end up another Sky News misery pimping statistic.

Don't be a kn0b ...

Hearse's are black & travel slower than normal traffic and they likely have the lowest accident stats of all road users ...

Black >= Death only when it's a hanky on the judge's head ...

I bet your kids are popular at their school with their bright yellow school uniform :?
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    ddraver wrote:
    Disappointed the belt has nt been reduced, It does nt seem to say Sky on it in anyway that you'd notice and I confess I find the colour scheme rather fetching...

You can get Anderson of Parma belts elsewhere on the net for around 50 notes: http://www.northernthreads.co.uk/accessories-c5/belts-c23/andersons-woven-and-suede-belt-navy-cream-p18180
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    FocusZing wrote:
    Black cycling gear is just a bad design. I would not be seen, get knocked off and end up another Sky News misery pimping statistic.

Don't be a kn0b ...

Hearse's are black & travel slower than normal traffic and they likely have the lowest accident stats of all road users ...

Black >= Death only when it's a hanky on the judge's head ...

I bet your kids are popular at their school with their bright yellow school uniform :?

That's the kind of response I would expect from you. Let's hope you learn some decorum/class at some point in your life.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    I love all this jolly banter. Also the fact that a British pro cycling team causes so much foaming at the mouth because they win so many races and are just, well, so good at what they do. To think that a mere five years ago we were a road cycling third world country. Keep it up Mr Brailsford.
  • mike6 wrote:
    I love all this jolly banter. Also the fact that a British pro cycling team causes so much foaming at the mouth because they win so many races and are just, well, so good at what they do. To think that a mere five years ago we were a road cycling third world country. Keep it up Mr Brailsford.
    What a ridiculous 5 year plan he had!
  • mike6 wrote:

The sporting merits have no bearing on my distaste for the SKY/Rapha collaboration ...

It could have been good, it should have been good (look how good the Rapha Condor link up is) ... Instead we are being treated to the kind of sh!t the Man Utd shop would sell (supporters scarves, flags etc) ... And all this flouro kit to pander to the British notion that when riding a bike you'll be safer looking like a school crossing guide ...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    You do have to say it is a nice kit though.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • You do have to say it is a nice kit though.

The blue band doesn't work, especially on the shorts ...

I get they were trying not to be RCJLT mk.2 but it just looks like a crayoned in kit ... I'd have kept the white band on the sleeve and put the SKY logo in blue on that, blue zipper detail and put 'the line' only on the back pocket (but also on the shorts) ...

I'd also not have sold cheap replica shirts ... Just give discounts on the real thing for folks who meet distance challenges (eg. ride the distance of a TdF stage on a given week) or have a photo of themselves at a WT races etc. ...
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    You do have to say it is a nice kit though.

The blue band doesn't work, especially on the shorts ...

I get they were trying not to be RCJLT mk.2 but it just looks like a crayoned in kit ... I'd have kept the white band on the sleeve and put the SKY logo in blue on that, blue zipper detail and put 'the line' only on the back pocket (but also on the shorts) ...

I'd also not have sold cheap replica shirts ... Just give discounts on the real thing for folks who meet distance challenges (eg. ride the distance of a TdF stage on a given week) or have a photo of themselves at a WT races etc. ...

I don't disagree but by the standards of most recent pro kits it's pretty good, though it's a shame it's worse than the original Adidas design.
    People are getting quite worked up by their gear but it's much more about how they view the team than the kit design. I haven't seen the flou stuff, but everybodies doing that, it's not just a UK centric bit of mollycoddling.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,741
    As a pro team kit I think it's a bit plain, I like a bit of colour in bike races, but as a cycling jersey for wearing out training quite nice except for the Sky logo. Then again black with a bit of blue is hardly the work of a design genius there are plenty of similar kits out there.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    As a pro team kit I think it's a bit plain, I like a bit of colour in bike races, but as a cycling jersey for wearing out training quite nice except for the Sky logo. Then again black with a bit of blue is hardly the work of a design genius there are plenty of similar kits out there.

I like plain in a pro kit. I think the Bianchi kit Ullrich wore in 2003 (I think) was a classic. Movistar is another good one. :D
  • inseine

I think that the current Radio shack is pretty good (Leopard was better) but I don't about 'plenty of similar kits'. Simplicity is a work of genius, it's complicated that's dead easy!
  • inseine wrote:

I think that the current Radio shack is pretty good (Leopard was better) but I don't about 'plenty of similar kits'. Simplicity is a work of genius, it's complicated that's dead easy!

True. And if we're going for multiple colours as a mark of genius in the current peloton, step forward 'Hello Kitty' Lampre
  • I like to think of Lampre as the Willow the Wisp team.

mavis.gif

Bless, she thinks she's won the race, she didn't know there was someone up the road.

As for Sky kit. I like it. I think it would be better with all black shorts but that's just me. I like simplistic minimalist design and simple, minimalism is often considerably harder than logos everywhere kit. I liked the Sky kit even more when Frenchie messed about with a picture of Tithcie Richie and turned the blue and white bits grey. I like grey and black as a combo. But then I'm someone who as an all monochrome wardrobe that extends to my cycling gear. I even forwent a pair of warm socks at the weekend because they were green. I'm a bit weird really.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ^Mavis Cruet!
  • FocusZing
    mavis.gif
    Lampre2155-vi.jpg
  • The Little Prince(ss) :D
  • The Little Prince(ss) :D

The creative mind is working right now on how to incorporate the Dutch nat jersey into that

Truly..... :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • I suppose you could just change the red of the nat. champs jersey to pink. The red used be orange in the flag anyhow so a bit of faded red... They could just say Johnny washed it on too hot a setting. :D
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    It would look a tad like a Gay Netherlands Champion Jersey then though - if such a jersey exists....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I'm not sure it could look any more or less 'pride-tastic' than the current Lampre set up though?
  • FocusZing
    The Little Prince(ss) :D

Ha!

Next year if I don't see a beveraged fan running Willow Wisp stylee alongside said steed spinners, I will be extremely disappointed. Wand too mind!
  • FocusZing wrote:
    The Little Prince(ss) :D

Ha!

Next year if I don't see a beveraged fan running Willow Wisp stylee alongside said steed spinners, I will be extremely disappointed. Wand too mind!

Well that's my outfit for the Tour sorted then. To be fair I'd fit right in, in Leeds.
  • Not for me... but great prices nonetheless.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Can anyone comment on the Replica long sleeved jersey ? By the description it would appear to be suitable to act as a thermal or cold-weather outer layer as it it described as being constructed from ".. breathable and insulating fabric ..."
    I'm wanting a 2nd jersey/jacket-style top that I can wear when my 10 year old Endura one is in the wash. That one I'd describe as a heavy jersey/light jacket that above zero I can probably wear with only 1 or 2 base layers under and if really cold, ie towards -10, a gillet over the top would probably suffice.
  • inseine
    andyrr wrote:
    Can anyone comment on the Replica long sleeved jersey ? By the description it would appear to be suitable to act as a thermal or cold-weather outer layer as it it described as being constructed from ".. breathable and insulating fabric ..."
    I'm wanting a 2nd jersey/jacket-style top that I can wear when my 10 year old Endura one is in the wash. That one I'd describe as a heavy jersey/light jacket that above zero I can probably wear with only 1 or 2 base layers under and if really cold, ie towards -10, a gillet over the top would probably suffice.

More an autumn than winter jersey. It's a nice thing but quite thin. I was out today in mine at 8-10° and it was borderline warm enough with a craft baselayer.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    The T Shirts are really nice quality, I have one of the Giro ones they did. The sort of thing only a cyclist would "get" as well so you don't like like a cycling nerd wearing it :-)