Gear skipping in 3,4 and 5

Lmcc87
Lmcc87 Posts: 10
edited November 2013 in Workshop
I've recently had to replace and a few parts of my drivetrain that being my front large chainring and chain (Campy Veloce) due to excessive wear. Before the change my bike would skip the odd time in 3 4 and 5th gears on the rear cassette. I installed the new parts and set my rear derailleur up from scratch, on the bike stand it is shifting perfect with no fowling in any gear. Although when I get on and ride the bike to test it the chain skips in 3, 4 and 5th gear when applying typical pedalling pressure to the drivetrain. The rear cassette looks in good knick to the best of my knowledge (no shark like type teeth) and I am at a blank. Could you anyone hazard guess at my problem, could that rear cassette be dodgy if it's only happening in those gears? Or something else that could be happening?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    are 3 - 5 the gears you use the most? I suspect they are and it suggests those sprockets are worn - regardless of how they look.
  • Lmcc87
    Lmcc87 Posts: 10
    are 3 - 5 the gears you use the most? I suspect they are and it suggests those sprockets are worn - regardless of how they look.

Yea I would say they would together with the smaller gears too, these get the most 'power' as such transferred through them. The smaller sprockets are used for flat road cycling and these larger sprockets for sprinting up hills etc. They do look in good knick but I will change it the. Based on your advice. Many thanks