Bont moulding

Whufcrule
Whufcrule Posts: 131
edited November 2013 in Road beginners
Hi lads I've ordered some bont vaypour a and so say u put them in the oven for 20 mins at 60c I think it is now the lowest temp on my oven is 100 so what do I do any ideas lads?? Or any experience with that??

Comments

• -Time how long your oven takes before it reaches said temperature of 100C.
    -dont put in shoe(beds).
    -let the oven cool down.
    -put in shoe(beds)
    -turn oven on
    -turn the oven off before it reaches set temperature.
    lets say half way or max 3/4 of the time it takes to reach 100C.
    -leave the shoes(oles) in for a minute. the oven will retain the temperature for a bit.
    -check after a few minutes and try if shoe(beds) adapts to the shape of your foot while fitting them.

thats it.

have had experience with fizik/shimano mouldable soles and footbeds.
    C
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    ...or given the cost of a pair of bonts and the cost of an oven thermometer, buy an oven thermometer!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    The shoes need to be in the oven for 20 minutes at 70c/160F - so if your oven can't do that, then you really do need to find one that will. The other alternative is potentially binning a pair of £200+ shoes..
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    +1 what schweiz says. Most oven dials are inaccurate. Tesco oven thermometer cost me £1.99. My oven turns on straight away, it's only the marking that starts at 100.

As another hint, follow the video on Bont's site or You Tube vid for moulding, here: http://youtu.be/1Kwa7A3YcZQ

The only thing I would add though would be to lay an old dish cloth on the rack instead of directly on the metal
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon