Mudguards for a 2011 specialized langster

dow8519
dow8519 Posts: 21
edited November 2013 in Road general
Hi,
Does anyone konow if there are any long/full length mudguards that will fit a 2011 langster. I have tried both crud road racers and sks race blade clip on long and neither seem to fit. There wasn't enough clearance for the crud's and the race blades are designed to attach the qr skewer. I use the bike to commute to work and would like some mudguards for the winter. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
David

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    There are also Raceblades in a short version which don't use the QR.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    I have a 2009 Langster, same frame, and have Crud race blades fitted OK.

They fit with 23cc tyres, but not 25s. The original Mondo tyres sized up big for a 23 and made fitting difficult for the front, but currently have Bontrager Racelite 23s and the guards fit well. Would not fit at all on 25cc Gatorskins.

The long tailpiece to the rear does not work because of the horizontal drop outs, so use the shorter piece. Similarly the extension down to the bottom bracket prevents the right line for clearance through the rear caliper, so use the short piece there too. All the right bits are supplied.
  • Thanks for the replies. Will try and fit the crud road racers again.