Philippe anyone heard of these?

benpeers
benpeers Posts: 5
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi

Just after some advice I have been riding for approx 1 year now I started with a Giant Defy 3 which was an excellent bike but recently I was starting to want something lighter and faster. I came across a bike for sale on Gumtree a Philippe Airplane I had never heard of this brand before but seemed well equiped (105 groupset) and and very light. (just over 7kg) It has an alloy frame but carbon rear folks which I had never seen before? After riding the bike I really really liked the way it rode so I bought it. I have been using it for a couple of months and absolutly love it really smooth and really quick!

I just wondered if anyone had any info on these bikes as im struggling to find anything? all I know is the guy I bought it off had recently moved from France to the UK and he said it was a custom built bike in France? Im guessing it is a French make with a name like that lol.

airplane.jpg

Comments

• You enjoy it, that's what matters... sometimes it's best not to know, you might find out that it's made with low quality alloy in China and you'll end up disappointed...
    You like it, it's a great frame then...
    I had a Specialized Allez comp which was very similar
    left the forum March 2023
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yes that looks like them and is a French company so ties up with what I was told...thanks