New Canyon,s on ebay?

How Far is too Far
How Far is too Far Posts: 534
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Been think of getting a Canyon for a bit and now all of a sudden 4 new ones are on Ebay.

Have I missed something, I though these were hard to get a hold of?

Comments

• Seems a bit strange - the 3 I looked at are all brand new and a decent price and all from the Leeds/Sheffield area! If you did buy one and didn't want it, why would you not send it back to Canyon on there return policy?

I've ordered an Ultimate CF SL, so these cost less and are all better equipped. If they are genuine I'd be tempted...
  • Does seem to good to be true. Even there outlet prices are way higher than these.
  • 2 of them are 2014 models which were only released about 4 weeks ago.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Dodgy.

If I was selling a £1700 bike I'd have taken the foam off the frame and rotated the bars to present it in its best light.

Canyon will be missing two bikes somewhere I reckon....
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Very dodgy.
  • Bookwyse
    Bookwyse Posts: 245
    Am waiting on further details about one of them, have asked for photos and for the serial number as well.

I wonder if they will respond........
  • Tempted to buy one but something is just not right.

Where is the serial number on a Canyon frame?

I guess they will get snapped up soon enough though.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Well, you know the old adage, 'if something seems too good to be true, it usually is ...' or i could be wrong of course ..
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    What could go wrong buying something like that off eBay :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn