JFK

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
Anyone see the documentary on C5 on Wednesday evening, Very good and plausible, another variation for the conspiracy theorists to ponder.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    No, missed it, probably because I thought it was going to be a re-hash of stuff which has already been done to death.

What was the new idea?

The older I get, the better I was.

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Capt Slog wrote:
    What was the new idea?

That he's alive, well and living in Notts, he posts on here under the alias Frank the tank.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Anyone see the documentary on C5 on Wednesday evening, Very good and plausible, another variation for the conspiracy theorists to ponder.

The one about the theory of Hickey's accidental shot from the Secret Service car?

If so, yeah...

I'm not into any particular theory myself, but that theory didn't account for James Tague getting nicked by a fragment just as one thing that was missed. It also didn't have the head wounds being based on the descriptions that so many in the hospital saw. There was a lot it seems to gloss over to get to its conclusions.

It does however account for a mixture of frangible and non-frangible bullets though, and for the smell of gunpowder at ground level, but is not the only theory to account for these things. Any theory based on more than one gunman firing and at least one of them being at ground level also inherently offers explanations for these.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Saw a few minutes of it and would have liked to watch it. It's the first time I've heard the theory that the fatal head shot came from a Secret Service agent's weapon. I assume the theory was that it was an accident as he tried to draw his weapon after the initial 2 shots from Oswald?
  • Pross wrote:
    Saw a few minutes of it and would have liked to watch it. It's the first time I've heard the theory that the fatal head shot came from a Secret Service agent's weapon. I assume the theory was that it was an accident as he tried to draw his weapon after the initial 2 shots from Oswald?
    Pretty much it, and the cover up that would have to have followed.

Right or wrong, it's another one to put on the pile and it made for a decent hours viewing.
    Tail end Charlie

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    There's no way Oswald got 3 shots off in 8.3 seconds with the type of rifle he was using. So at least one of the 3 shots came from someone else.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    arran77 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    What was the new idea?

That he's alive, well and living in Notts, he posts on here under the alias Frank the tank.

I'm more ready to believe that he's alive and in a 'civil partnership' with Elvis than him being in Hucknall! :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• mfin
    seanoconn wrote:
    There's no way Oswald got 3 shots off in 8.3 seconds with the type of rifle he was using. So at least one of the 3 shots came from someone else.

Actually it's widely stated that it was in less than 6 seconds.

Relevant or not, the Mannlicher Carcano can definitely be fired 3 times in 6 seconds, it's proved, there is no question.

Now, whether you can hit what you are trying to hit and how many of the three times you hit a target is a purely down to a mixture of skill and luck.

The bit people seem to miss is that really you have to look at the evidence and not base things on probability and gut feelings. That said, the JFK case becomes never-ending as the evidence, contradictory evidence, apparently tampered or destroyed evidence and the broken chain of evidence all make it all a mess.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    A very watchable programme, and as has already been said, probably the most plausible theory so far.
    Still left a few loose ends, but after all this time we will never get the full truth.
    Very good. :wink:
  • mfin
    Here are a couple of diagrams of the head wounds by the Warren Commission

jfk_autopsy32.jpg
    atp3pho3.jpg

But, there are plenty of people who either saw it happen or were doctors in Parkland describing the wounds who have disputed this, and say the hole was much more at the back of the head and lower down, and there's apparently little motivation to make this up. They also dispute the Autopsy photographs as not showing what they saw and saying they have been tampered with.

Some of these people are doctors who say the Cerebellum was running out (which is low down on the back of the head and obvious by its colour) and the hole which must have been an exit wound was in the Occipital/Parietal area...

See below for Occipital Parietal and some photos of some of these people trying to show where the wound was with their hand (while discussing its specific location in context of discussing the misplacement of the wound)

Witness-reports-of-head-wound.jpg
    9057.jpg
    symptoms02.jpg

Hence more like this??

jfk_headWoundLB173x200.gif

Either way, no photo shows damage to Kennedy's actual face, that's for sure. None of this dispute comes from people saying where the shot came from, just from the injuries they saw not being consistent with the published Autopsy photos (not from Parkland, from Bethesda when he was moved to Washington for the Autopsy) or consistent with the Warren Commission diagrams which when they saw them they instantly said were wrong.
  • Capt Slog wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    What was the new idea?

I'm more ready to believe that he's alive and in a 'civil partnership' with Elvis than him being in Hucknall! :lol:
    That's terrible as I'm in a civil partnership with Elvis..................................He's a guy who works down the chip shop. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Capt Slog wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    What was the new idea?

That's terrible as I'm in a civil partnership with Elvis..................................He's a guy who works down the chip shop. :lol:

Nah, Elvis is a bloke called Dave the Plumber, he was on a television series called The Village about Bentley in Hampshire, he now lives in the same road as my father in law, the house is all Elvis this and Elvis that :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pross
    Capt Slog wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    What was the new idea?

I'm not prepared to accept that anyone is alive in Hucknall!

It does have one very well designed road though :wink:
  • Pross wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    What was the new idea?

That'd be the BYPASS then.

However I do take issue with the statement about there being no one alive in 'Uckna'.

If you had said alive from the neck up.............................................well :!: :lol:

Just to get the thread back on track I can assure everyone no one from 'Uckna' was involved in the assassination of JFK.
    Tail end Charlie

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Can just picture Frank, sat on his grassy knoll. :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    What was the new idea?

That'd be the BYPASS then.

No, the section of Ashgate Road past Tesco. Some say the engineer who designed it is the Thomas Telford of modern times :lol:
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I saw the footage on TV the other day. The bullet appeared to go in through the left side of his face. Unless I'm blind.
  • mfin
    6.30pm today is 50 years on
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I'm not au fait with all strands of the conspiracy theories, but I have my own "bad luck and too many nutters able to get a gun by mail order, FFS" theory . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er