Ht frame advise

stoksey25
stoksey25 Posts: 68
edited November 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi I have recently bought a 2009 rockhopper expert from a guy at work who bought it of the cycle to work scheme a few years ago. He has only used it a few times so it is in very good condition. It is a really nice bike exept the frame is 17" and after riding it may be a little small for me. What frame would you suggest to put all the components onto at around 150 - 200 pounds. Thanks in advance Neil

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Yes, the On One Inbred is a top choice. The Scandal is same but alu. too. Whippet is carbon. FYI these bikes have fairly long top tubes compared to yours I think, so you may end up getting the 18''. Also I think the link above is for the singlespeed version of the Inbred, you probably on the regular 'geared' version.

I'd also look at the Kinesis range of frames.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    How big are you?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 6' and 15 stone no lightweight. thanks for the suggestions. I like the on one frames but would like the scandal Alu frame . They have said they are discontinued now. The whippet is also very nice but Im not sure about the direct mount front gears. Any advise other than just not putting the front on and using it as alot of others seem to have done and using 1x9.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Some of the components won't fit the on one frames. How about a larger, used specialized frame? A Giant XTC frame will (I think) work ok to swap all the components.
  • Ok thanks what do people think of the giant frames
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    stoksey25 wrote:
    Ok thanks what do people think of the giant frames

Good frames but you dont usually see them for sale brand new. A lot of bike manufacturers dont sell there frames seperately possibly because of a fear of being sued if some numpty assembles his bike wrongly
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap