Do we all rash eventually ?

mr_ribble
mr_ribble Posts: 1,054
edited November 2013 in Commuting chat
Is it inevitable that no matter how careful we are and how much vaseline or ANTI-CHAFTM we use, we all inevitably end up with a rash? Is there anyone on this forum who has been riding a good amount of time who hasn’t rashed?

Comments

• In 20 odd years of riding "rash" hasn't been a problem. Never used vaseline, chamois cream or anything else Sweat burns from two cheap rubbish saddles yes rash no
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    In 20 odd years of riding "rash" hasn't been a problem. Never used vaseline, chamois cream or anything else Sweat burns from two cheap rubbish saddles yes rash no

Do you wax your crack? If not, ride further.
  • It happens to us all eventually, it’s just a matter of when
  • mr_ribble
    tetm wrote:
    In 20 odd years of riding "rash" hasn't been a problem. Never used vaseline, chamois cream or anything else Sweat burns from two cheap rubbish saddles yes rash no

I only started having to do this when I began riding in wearing those tight denim shorts that GB lent me....
  • Mr_Ribble wrote:
    tetm wrote:

I only started having to do this when I began riding in wearing those tight denim shorts that GB lent me....

get-out-get-out-get-out-of-my-head-7.png
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Mr_Ribble wrote:
    tetm wrote:

Worth it though. You pull them off so well!
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • Mr_Ribble wrote:
    tetm wrote:

I'm sorry - am I reading this right? Mr Ribble pulled your tight denim shorts off you? :shock:

My oh my. That is more information than I was expecting. Much more.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Pretty much. I told him they'd make him cycle faster. (Even as fast as me.) Never saw them again. Clearly they're getting good use...
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    If you lot are getting a nasty little rash you've been sticking it somewhere you shouldn't have :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • mr_ribble
    Mr_Ribble wrote:
    tetm wrote:

I'm sorry - am I reading this right? Mr Ribble pulled your tight denim shorts off you? :shock:

My oh my. That is more information than I was expecting. Much more.

Footage to be aired on Eurosport "Late Nights" ..... or is that Eurotrash
  • Ah, I remember this! Banter. I thought this had been expunged from this forum as it didn't generate income!
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed