Colnago CX-1 Evo build

2»

Comments

• andytee87 wrote:
    Boxsters wrote:
    Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a bb cable guide for a CX1 do they?

Nice bike - its inspiring me to get mine finished!

Yep- get on with it, I'm really impressed with it!

Like Velonutter says they are pretty standard. Google is always a friend otherwise

But if you're still struggling to find one at Christmas, PM me and I'll send you mine
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    andytee87 wrote:
    Ok, so a morning of avoiding learning some new software has meant the build has moved on a bit. Mostly finished now, just chain, pedals and bar tape to go on. Having weighed components as they were going on, the bike is going to come in at 7.35kg, which is going to be fine. Easy to get it under the 7kg by upgrading stem and bars in the future to higher spec Deda, swapping saddle for a plain white Specialized toupe with carbon rails and by putting on FFWD F4R tubs from another bike, but they are the red version, and I like the black and white at the minute.

Pedals will be Keo Blade Carbon and bar tape will be white Fizik Microtex bar tape.

PS. I know the saddle isn't level yet

10869464003_89a846247a_c.jpg
    10869139955_425f17863c_c.jpg

Looks great with the Zipps. Like this set up a lot.
    Must try to get our Beagle in the shot of my C59

• Looks great with the Zipps. Like this set up a lot.

Thanks, I've ridden on the Zipps, but not the FFWDs so far. Feels really nice with the 303s.

I tried for about 5 minutes to not get one of the dogs in the photo, but they were not having any of it. Gave up in the end
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice one...
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Very nice cx 1
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    andytee87 wrote:
    Ok, so a morning of avoiding learning some new software has meant the build has moved on a bit. Mostly finished now, just chain, pedals and bar tape to go on. Having weighed components as they were going on, the bike is going to come in at 7.35kg, which is going to be fine. Easy to get it under the 7kg by upgrading stem and bars in the future to higher spec Deda, swapping saddle for a plain white Specialized toupe with carbon rails and by putting on FFWD F4R tubs from another bike, but they are the red version, and I like the black and white at the minute.

Pedals will be Keo Blade Carbon and bar tape will be white Fizik Microtex bar tape.

PS. I know the saddle isn't level yet

10869464003_89a846247a_c.jpg[img][/img]10869139955_425f17863c_c.jpg[img][/img]

Looks great with the Zipps. Like this set up a lot.

I was about to say something similar. Although I don't rate my chances of getting one of our beagles to sit where I want them! (and mine isn't a Colnago).

Brilliant photos, top work with the dog.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • Boxsters
    Boxsters Posts: 325
    Spurred on by the initial post I decided to get the Colnago CX1 frame I had in the garage back on the road.

I bought the frame from a local chap and although it had been well serviced when built up as a bike, it was suffering from quite a few paint chips and scratches. So I sent the frame off to Carbon bike Solutions and had these parts repainted.

I have recently purchased a new Cervelo R3 Dark edition which I heavily upgraded from new so I had a complete 105 groupset sitting in the garage. I also had a Pro Stealth Evo bar integrated bar and stem and the Selle Royal saddle that was on the R3.

When I bought the R3 I wanted to use my Soul S2 clinchers that had recently been rebuilt with double butted spokes on the rear wheel. Unfortunately I couldn't get an 11 speed freewheel for them so I decided to use them on the Colnago.
    With a quick search on Ebay and the BR classifieds I found a very lightly used Ultegra chainset that I fitted with a new BB and then to match it all up I found a white a pro stealth seat post.

I was going to keep this but using my recently acquired Retul measurements I just can't make it fit. I really enjoyed putting an old friend back on the road and just wanted to share it with like minded people before its off to classified.

Due to a Wedding thats costs keep on growing the R3 is reluctantly up for sale also but I am have another much cheaper project (2012 R3SL, Force 22) for the Summer that should keep me happy for a while.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93749564@N06/12860308114/
  • Kpk250
    Kpk250 Posts: 1
    Andytee87,
    I see you weighed your frame early on during your build. If memory serves it was 1670g total for frame and fork. What size frame do you have?

Thanks.
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 406
    Kpk250 wrote:
    Andytee87,
    I see you weighed your frame early on during your build. If memory serves it was 1670g total for frame and fork. What size frame do you have?

Thanks.

The frame is a 52s