Cervelo for a woman (48 or 51)

stannie
stannie Posts: 167
edited November 2013 in Women's cycling forum
Do any of you ladies ride a Cervelo?

I am 5'4" and am thinking of getting an R3. Looking at the size guide, a 48 may be right, but might I manage with a 51? (the frame reach does not seem much different to my current bike, but the effective top tube is a bit longer.)
I am sure someone will say "go and test ride one" but my nearest dealers are MILES away and no-one has a small one in stock for me to try out anyway.

Has anyone got any experience of these sizes?
....................................................................................................
Waterford RS-14
Trek Domane SL6
Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    your nearest dealers are Royles in Knutsford and Bardsley Cycles in Heaton Chapel. Why not email Cervelo directly and see what they suggest?
    M.Rushton
  • stannie
    Thanks for that.
    I hadn't been to Royles before. What a shop! They were very helpful and I now think a 51 will be the right size.
    I might wait until the spring though because the new frame available thenwill come suitable for electronic gear shifting and you will be able to get an Ultega option.
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

• jaxf
    jaxf Posts: 109
    Hi Anne, I'm a couple of inches shorter than you - was there much in it between the 48 or 51?
    thanks ,,,,,
  • stannie
    Jax I didn't get to try a 48 I just sat on a 51. It seemed a similar size to my Trek 50.
    If I were any shorter I would have gone for a 48.
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

• SFT
    SFT Posts: 156
    Thanks Anne