Winter Cyclists

daviesee
daviesee Posts: 6,386
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
As described here:-
http://www.stickybottle.com/blogs/tim-b ... -torturer/

How many do you know?
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

Comments

• How times have changed.

What about the moustachioed, middle aged men whose pot bellies couldn't be disguised in a time before compression tops or a slew of flock printed winter tops from continental teams you'd never heard of or the young lads turning up riding a steel bed post wearing old trainers and a track suit, only to get shelled out the back after 5 miles?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    How times have changed.

What about the moustachioed, middle aged men whose pot bellies couldn't be disguised in a time before compression tops or a slew of flock printed winter tops from continental teams you'd never heard of or the young lads turning up riding a steel bed post wearing old trainers and a track suit, only to get shelled out the back after 5 miles?
    No.1 became Rapha man.
    No.2 is the tight old geezer buying sale item's cos they are every bit as good but ugly. The antithesis of the Pro Team Guy. You know who you are.
    No.3 doesnt count cos you never see him again.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • They authors of these ‘an observation of other cyclists’ articles (for there are many) never tell you where they fit in.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    I'm the guy shouting 'steady' on the first incline (or more accurately so out of breath I'm hoping someone will spot me sliding off the back and shout it on my behalf).

Plenty of winter world champions, turn up and make the club run torture but never to be seen at a race, chaingang or even a sportive in the summer months. Presumably they are on their turbos doing interval work in preparation for the winter club run season.

I very nearly made it into being National Kit Guy once. I was riding at a big festival and one of my club mates was due to ride the big junior race on the final day for Wales. Unfortunately he'd just signed for a sponsored club who insisted on him riding for them leaving Wales a rider short and me on hand as their only option. They ultimately decided to ride a man short instead of giving me a cap!