Excellent Respray Done

captain_oakley
captain_oakley Posts: 222
edited November 2013 in Workshop
I recently had my winter/commuting 'old faithful' resprayed by the following cycle shop in Hackney:

http://www.armourtexcycles.co.uk/our-se ... r-coating/

All in with a laquer finish for £75, which I think is excellent value for money. If your trusty steed needs a coat of paint look no further.

'time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana..'

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    photo?

I do have a bike in need of respray, I had the figure of £40 in my head for powder coating though I'm not sure what finish to expect. I quite like my Raleigh's red / yellow / bit of black colour scheme though even if it is a bit tatty.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    So it was powder coated, not sprayed?

£75 for a respray would be amazing value. £75 for powder coat is OK.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Pictures?

Did you also get some amazing decals done by someone too?
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    So this is one of those threads where you tell us how good it was and then don't show us? Are you Ezy Rider?
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    k-dog wrote:
    So this is one of those threads where you tell us how good it was and then don't show us? Are you Ezy Rider?

ha ha. you lot are brutal :lol:

Matt
  • Haha, I think that lad was scared of showing his decals after the ripping he got for his 6 inches of stem spacers!
  • I'll be honest I don't know how to put pictures up, sorry.

If I was a little more 'forum savvy' I would, but I agree It's a poor show without pictures.

Just to avoid any confusion it is a Powder Coat with a laquer finish, not a respray. Apologies for this, if someone
    tells me how I'll happily put them up. It's TI Raleigh Red, so I'm looking for the decals, any help would be appreciated.

'time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.'
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I'll be honest I don't know how to put pictures up, sorry.

Here ya go..
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12734291
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Wirral P's pot was at 7.36pm. That should be plenty of time to post the pics.

??
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I am having real issues resizing the images as the file size is too big, and at the moment I do not have the time or the inclination to spend hours in front of a VDU sorting it out. Apologies, but I thought it would be easy!
    Besides thumbnails are to small and most of the detail is lost.

Anyway if there is a sage out there who can tell me an easier way, I'll use it, if not I know how good it looks!

'time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana..'
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    pfft, excuses, excuses

this is why everyone thinks you're ezy rider, returned to lure us with your talk of an excellent respray, just as you did with your claim of amazing decals all those years ago
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wirral_paul
    edited November 2013
    I find Pixresizer ideal for reducing photos down to a sensible size

http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    http://pixlr.com/editor/

there you go, open the file from your computer, go to image>image size, punch in a new width and then save it again
  • pinno
    ...or join Flikr. Download them from your computer>select size>left click>click on image location>paste onto forum post>highlight link>click on IMG in box. Ta dah.

I seriously advise trying a bit harder and bothering your 4rse or else this might happen:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12838538
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Still no pics eh?

Bored-cute-big-smiley-animated-066.gif
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Still no pics eh?

Bored-cute-big-smiley-animated-066.gif

+1
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Is the paint dry yet?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    It was not paint - keep up.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Wirral_paul
    He's refusing to post pics until he has fitted the decals. Ezy Rider is having them printed for him as we speak ;)
  • http://www.picresize.com/

1 minute job if that.
  • I resize pics by emailing them to my phone and then doing share by email. Gives me the option to attach them at full size or 2-3 standard sizes (640x480 is one) then just email them to myself back on the laptop.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    Is the paint dry yet?

If it's not pop it under a tarp for the night :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    i keep returning, hoping that, this time, the excellent respray will be revealed

but each time my hopes are dashed, i only just came to terms with the fact that i'll never see the amazing decals

now this, it's a big setback
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    As Sungod said, no decals and now no paint job. Life is no longer worth living.
  • It's Ok, do not despair, I may have some amazing new wheels for you all not to see.
  • pinno
    Nairnster wrote:
    It's Ok, do not despair, I may have some amazing new wheels for you all not to see.

Err... pics please.