Bikehut Disc Brake, Front Post > IS adapter ?

Jomox
Jomox Posts: 250
edited November 2013 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone please tell me which adapter I need for this BikeHut Disc Brake (Re-badged Diatech sports?)

It's post mount and need to attach it to IS fork with 160mm rotor. Am I right in thinking they use Avid or Hope adapters? (As Shimano ones I got don't fit)

Thanks.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    They should. In what way do the not fit?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Jomox
    cooldad wrote:
    They should. In what way do the not fit?

Shimano adapter don't fit onto the caliper, I'm thinking they use Avid adapters but need confirmation before ordering one.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Avid adaptors are the same spacing. Is the body of the adaptor fouling the caliper.?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    PM and IS are standards, so any 160mm adaptor will space the caliper just fine, though occasionally you can get an issue with the calliper clashing on the mount, a file usually sorts this just fine!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Unless it's upside down. Won't be the first time.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Jomox
    Sorry didn't realize they was same spacing.
    The Rookie wrote:
    though occasionally you can get an issue with the calliper clashing on the mount, a file usually sorts this just fine!

The caliper is crashing on the mount, the spacing is fine for the bolts but the caliper shape means it pushes onthe mount so one end won't sit properly without loads of space on one side, fits fine on the Shimanos. Never had this problem before if using the correct mount for brake.
  • Jomox
    Avid mount works fine as it has a curve that enables no clashing issues.