Help with Sidi Shoe Sizing please

mitchgixer6
mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi all

My search for the perfect shoe continues, considering trying a pair of Sidi Mega fit to try and appease my flipper esque feet!

As I've never tried Sidi and I'm not sure of any local shops that stock them, I was looking for some advice on fit. I did try a pair of Bont Vaypor in standard width, but were way too narrow for me but pretty spot on in terms of length. The length of the insole on them was 292mm and 85mm wide. I did have a pair of Shimano in wide fit to try, they were 94mm wide and did feel much better, but was really put off by the styling.

Any chance someone with a pair of Sidi in either 43 or 44 could measure the insole please to give me an idea of fit? I'm looking at the Genius 5 model if that makes any difference?

Many thanks
Michael

Comments

• Hi i have 13 wide feet ,sidi mega are ok but the leather top is wider than the sole.I have shimano wide mtb shoes which have been comfy from the off, i also have lake wide shoes which are a good fit as well ,the shimano's are more roomy.Hope this helps.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I've got Sidi Dragon 3, the mtb version of the Ergo3 road shoe, in 44 standard fit. Length of insole 275, width 90 across broadest part of forefoot.
  • Thanks for the replies guys. I found a pair of genius 6.6 mega size 44 for a decent price with Evans, so just bit the bullet and bought them to try.

Of course my measurements mentioned above are incorrect. The Bont's measured 269mm long.

Cheers
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    Recommend you buy some aftermarket insoles...Sidi ones are thin and unforgiving in my experience
  • Thanks again. I have some SOLE heat moldable ones, so can try them.

Cheers