An accident (apparently ?!?)

upperoilcan
upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
This has got to be some kind of joke,The police are now saying that this guy's death was an accident ? :shock:

Found in a sports holdall locked from the outside by a padlock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24927078
Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    It happens all the time!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Astonishing !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    It probably was an accident, I doubt when his mate locked him in their for some kinky sex game that he intended to kill the bloke :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Without knowing all the details, I do find this very very strange.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    ". . . Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt said he was satisfied it was "theoretically possible" Mr Williams could have padlocked the bag from the inside,. . . "

In theory, how is that possible?
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • arran77
    laurentian wrote:
    ". . . Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt said he was satisfied it was "theoretically possible" Mr Williams could have padlocked the bag from the inside,. . . "

In theory anything is possible.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    So it's a variation on the death of that fella out of INXS, is it? "Let's have a bit of private kinky fun, no-one will know..."...oops.

I can't say I believe he locked himself in, that's frankly weird.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    arran77 wrote:
    laurentian wrote:

Sure, but I'd like to hear a theory proposed as to how he managed to padlock himself into the bag from the inside.

Another odd thing is that the coroners could not come up with a cause of death.

Rum, very rum.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • arran77
    laurentian wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    laurentian wrote:

Sure, but I'd like to hear a theory proposed as to how he managed to padlock himself into the bag from the inside.

They can't go publishing that sort of thing otherwise all the wannabe sick weirdos will be trying it :lol:

seanoconn
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    laurentian wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    laurentian wrote:

Rum, very rum.
    Assuming the bag was softish, presumably he could have manipulated the lock through the fabric of the bag. Doesn't explain why anybody would want to do this without a means of escape.

Surely a more reasonable explanation is that somebody else was involved. I cannot comprehend a chain of events that would lead to this without somebody else being involved, unless he expected somebody else to come and rescue him or it was a suicide.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    From an earlier report....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17932164
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Let's face it he was a cyclist so 'they' probably don't care how he died...............
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • airbag
    airbag Posts: 201
    laurentian wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    laurentian wrote:

Rum, very rum.

"...And I can absolutely promise you Daniel Craig is not standing behind me with a gun pointed at my head as I say this. Definitely not, no sir"
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    a very weird thing to do, till you read he did TT's as well, suddenly all makes perfect sense. :o
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    So he joins the group of blokes, including David Carradine and Michael Hutchence who basically w@nked themselves to death!
    Such comfort for their families.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    So he joins the group of blokes, including David Carradine and Michael Hutchence who basically w@nked themselves to death!
    Yep, another case of death by auto-erotic asphyxiation. The coroner created a story to spare any embarrassment to the family but now the police have returned a more reasoned response which the family can't accept.
  • Obviously he was rehearsing his act for the next series of Britains got talent and it all went horribly wrong.

Just one of those things! :roll:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Yep, another case of death by auto-erotic asphyxiation. The coroner created a story to spare any embarrassment to the family but now the police have returned a more reasoned response which the family can't accept.
    A man a similar size and weight as Gareth Williams, tried 300 times to lock himself in the same bag, failing on each occasion. And came to the conclusion it wasn't possible. I wouldn't say the police returned a more reasoned response but one of convenience.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    A man a similar size and weight as Gareth Williams, tried 300 times to lock himself in the same bag, failing on each occasion. And came to the conclusion it wasn't possible.

So how did you manage to get your kicks in the end (or was it a case of 301st time lucky)? :lol:
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    A man a similar size and weight as Gareth Williams, tried 300 times to lock himself in the same bag, failing on each occasion. And came to the conclusion it wasn't possible. I wouldn't say the police returned a more reasoned response but one of convenience.
    The conclusion that it wasn't possible has been shown to be false as they failed to use the appropriate technique.