Web Design - training course ?

andyrr
andyrr Posts: 1,822
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
Wonder if anyone could comment on the likely quality/suitability of this that I've received a Groupon deal for :
http://e-careers.com/component/jshoppin ... iew/17/211
The Adobe Certified Webmaster Package 2013 ( EC111504 )
On offer for £49, ending today.

I've had a tiny bit of involvement in the web design of our club webpage (Wordpress) but after doing a little tweaking of the site after we initially had it built I've since done nothing.
I'd like to learn more - not necessarily for using with the cycling club but in general, who knows, maybe in relation in some future career or maybe in just building a personal page etc

This a worthy way of gaining some reasonably in-depth skills ?

Comments

• andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Well, maybe it's not such as 'special' offer - whilst I was on the e-careers webpage for the course I got 'pinged' by one of their people and after I asked what level of experience etc was needed they responded that they provide that info by phone or email. Email came through moments later, didn't really answer my question about the suitable starting experience but it does seems to indicate that on completion it would enable me to take exams for the following :
    OFFICIAL ADOBE ACA DREAMWEAVER EXAM & CERTIFICATION
    OFFICIAL ADOBE ACA FLASH EXAM & CERTIFICATION
    OFFICIAL ADOBE ACA PHOTOSHOP EXAM & CERTIFICATION
    OFFICIAL ADOBE ACA PHOTOSHOP PREMIERE EXAM & CERTIFICATION

Meant to add, with reference to the 'special' offer price, alongside the above info they offered the £49 price, same as Groupon, and that plus the exam vouchers for £150
  • Don't know how long that course is, but Dreamweaver is a big, complex package.

I built our website with it, but it took me ages to a) learn html*, then b) learn how to get the best out of Dreamweaver, and still I'm hardly touching the sides.

Flash is a whole new ball game, as is Fireworks and Photoshop.

I would say you would need a week on each just to master the basics.

*if you have no concept of computer programming this will take longer.