Looking for a frame/fork package that takes discs

jds_1981
jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi,

See this question has been asked in various guises over the previous pages, but not for a frame/fork exclusively.

I've currently got a specialized allez with a slammed stem, which I quite like the handling of, so ideally looking for a replacement frame which is no less aggressive than this. Looking for a frame that will take disc brakes though. Ideally around £250. I saw this http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FRP ... e_and_fork but don't think it's aggressive enough?
Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
FCN 9 || FCN 5

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Genesis Croix de Fer perhaps
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • jds_1981
    Looks feasible, my main concern being I've already got a CX bike and so was looking for more of a purebred road bike. Being able to take mudguards properly is a plus though.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    HongFu do a carbon disc-brake roadie. I'm just about to build one up.

Most of the frame-only disc frames are CX frames.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • jds_1981
    Ah, in my googling I'd come across some of the chinabikes. How does the frame look to you? Quality okay?
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • jds_1981
    This one? http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_produc ... e-287.html
    How much did it cost? How did you buy - via 'enquire now'?
    Thanks
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    something custom built if it were my money ..
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    yes that's my HongFu 8)

I ordered direct and dealt with Summer, who has been excellent, although her English isn't brilliant (better than my Chinese though).

I did a bulk order so got a shipping discount and it worked out at £440ish I think, for a painted version.

I'll post a picture up of it when it's built, as it should be pretty funky I think.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer