Deal Extreme?

IDave
IDave Posts: 223
edited November 2013 in MTB buying advice
Has anyone ordered from here?

Just about to get my winter lights and batteries from there and just wondered how the service was? It says 7-10 days delivery - is this accurate?

Thanks

Comments

• shindig
    shindig Posts: 173
    Where is here ?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,088
    Dealt with them a couple of times, the lead times have been wildly optimistic - but it does turn up (eventually)
  • shindig
    shindig wrote:
    Where is here ?
    This is weird. I see no link to anywhere when viewing this thread on my ipad. Hence my question.
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    shindig wrote:
    shindig wrote:
    Where is here ?
    This is weird. I see no link to anywhere when viewing this thread on my ipad. Hence my question.
    There is no link.. its the name of the thread lol!!
  • shindig
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    shindig wrote:
    shindig wrote:
    Where is here ?
    There is no link.. its the name of the thread lol!!
    Lol now i get it . I thought you had found an extremely good deal and posted a link to it.
  • Took a month for my light to be delivered to me in North-East scotland!
  • IDave
    Lol, yeah maybe I should have posted some links too.

I'm buying these:

http://dx.com/p/ultrafire-wf-502b-cree- ... 650-213679
    http://dx.com/p/nitecore-i2-multi-funct ... ack-174085
    http://dx.com/p/genuine-panasonic-18650 ... air-121448

So you reckon a month is normal, or was that the exception?

The prices are good, and I could go down the ebay route, but that would mean dealing with multiple sellers rather than just getting everything in one place.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Normal is anytime between 2 weeks and a really long time.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,088
    If it was summer I would order from them and wait, as it's not I would just pay slightly extra and get them from a uk reseller
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Buying from the UK now makes sense, a couple of quid more and a UK plug on the charger!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    I've bought from DX a few times although not recently until I needed a new front light.

Went for a Solarstorm X3 and they were the only people doing it at the time.

Ordered and was in stock 8 weeks ago.

Landed on my work desk after much chasing yesterday.

Shame I'm on holiday this week :roll:

Now I think I'd order from the UK or at worst Europe.
  • IDave
    So can you suggest a UK supplier then where i can get that exact torch plus a nightcore i2 and a pair of decent protected batteries?
  • cooldad
    Torches - pleanty on Ebay - just make sure the seller is actually in the uk.

I use lots of batteries for vaping, and this guy (Torchythebatteryboy) is good and reasonable - you don't want to mess around with dicey batteries. Also has the charger.
    He also sells lights but not the cheapest.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/big_f_d_d/m.h ... 1543.l2654
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • IDave
    cooldad wrote:

I can't find any 502B XM-L2 from UK sellers, only XML T6 - Is there much of a difference between L and L2?
  • @ cooldad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-model-Fl ... 43c1a8e268

have you used this light as im sold and seriously considering buying it over my £50 cateye that i currently have?
  • cooldad
    Nope I have XML T6s. I mainly use lots of batteries for vaping. l have 15 charged at the moment. Most from Torchy.

You need a torch boffin like DIY or Ouija to answer led questions.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    IDave wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

I can't find any 502B XM-L2 from UK sellers, only XML T6 - Is there much of a difference between L and L2?

If the drivers are pushing the same amount of amps through the led, which isn't always the case with some torches, then the standard T6 version of the XM-L2 should be as bright as the U2/U3 version of the old XM-L. You can find the stats here.

This guy states he's selling XM-L2 502b torches. Doesn't say which variant of the XM-L2 or what amp draw though.
  • Ouija
    @ cooldad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-model-Fl ... 43c1a8e268

have you used this light as im sold and seriously considering buying it over my £50 cateye that i currently have?

A very good light but a tad on the expensive side. If moneys tight you can get 501/502's with XM-L U2 emitters which will be around the same brightness though maybe not as well made or packaged.
  • thanks for the replys
  • IDave
    Ok, I went with eBay.

I bought the torch Ouija linked to, although after having bought it I realised it doesn't say if it's 1, 3 or 5 mode. So I'm hoping it's not 1.

Bought Torchy batteries and nitecore i2 charger from Torchythebatteryboy as recommended by cooldad. I'll report back once they have arrived.

Thanks for all the replies.
  • cooldad
    The torch will be three or five. They all are. Likely five.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • IDave
    All items ordered from eBay arrived within 2 days. Have tried them out and I am happy with my purchases.

The torch I bought was not as described - it is not an XML2 as described. Having taken the torch apart I can see there are lines rather than dots on the die which means it is an XML and not an XML2, it has XML-U2 printed on the board the LED is attached to, so I'm going to hope that's what it actually is. Having no other lights of that power to compare it to I have no real way of knowing.

I'm very happy with the batteries and charger I bought from TorchytheBatteryBoy, I actually had a bit of a mishap as I used Paypal quickpay to pay for it and had my address set up incorrectly for it. I actually got a call from Torchy's wife to ask if my address was correct as she recognised that it wasn't a proper address (my fault!). Very impressed by the service, and you certainly wouldn't get that from a seller in China - so definitely worth paying an extra couple of £ for delivery within 2 days and good service like this. I'd highly recommend this seller if you are buying batteries or chargers on eBay.
  • johnmcl7
    johnmcl7 Posts: 162
    Thanks for the feedback on the lights as I was about to try ordering one, have you spoken to the seller?

John
  • Ouija
    IDave wrote:
    All items ordered from eBay arrived within 2 days. Have tried them out and I am happy with my purchases.

The torch I bought was not as described - it is not an XML2 as described. Having taken the torch apart I can see there are lines rather than dots on the die which means it is an XML and not an XML2, it has XML-U2 printed on the board the LED is attached to, so I'm going to hope that's what it actually is. Having no other lights of that power to compare it to I have no real way of knowing.

I'm very happy with the batteries and charger I bought from TorchytheBatteryBoy, I actually had a bit of a mishap as I used Paypal quickpay to pay for it and had my address set up incorrectly for it. I actually got a call from Torchy's wife to ask if my address was correct as she recognised that it wasn't a proper address (my fault!). Very impressed by the service, and you certainly wouldn't get that from a seller in China - so definitely worth paying an extra couple of £ for delivery within 2 days and good service like this. I'd highly recommend this seller if you are buying batteries or chargers on eBay.

Clicked on the link again and noticed the seller as changed the listing from saying "XM-L2" to "XML L2" (probably meant to type 'U2'). However, he's still showing the original pic of the head unit that clearly shows a XM-L2 emitter (on a silver base... the XM-L's came on a green base). If your not happy that you got the XM-L U2 you could contact him and ask for a refund. Kinda depends on if you clicked on the buy it now before or after the edit (13 Nov).
  • IDave
    I left neutral feedback stating that the product was described incorrectly. I'm not looking to return it as there are no UK sellers selling the XM-L2 T6 that I could find - so happy enough to settle for a XM-L U2. It was a decent price anyway - and despite the description not stating this, it is the 5 mode version.

I also left feedback saying that the torch is not 1300 Lumens - it's more than bright enough for what I want to use it for.
  • Ouija
    Could of been a blessing in disguise. I just swapped out a XM-L T6 in one of my 502 torches for a XM-L2 but it isn't as bright as the XM-L U2 i have in another 502 torch. Guess they are using the fact that it's 20% brighter/more efficient to run it at a lower amp draw instead. It's putting out the same brightness as the XM-L T6 it replaced but i imagine it's going to achieve noticeably longer run times at that brightness instead.