Help - 2005 Enduro Expert - New Shock needed!!!

enduro-hound
enduro-hound Posts: 6
edited November 2013 in MTB buying advice
The rear 5th element shock on my '05 Enduro has finally died. Much like the company that made it!! TF no longer service them as they can't get the parts so I'm left to find a new rear shock.

Its 222 from eye to eye with a a 64mm stroke.

The only new shock I can find that will fit costs over £500.....frankly that's too much.

Does anyone have any recommendations or has anyone else had to replace their 5th Element?

I know it's an old bike but I love it and it's only just let me down after 7 and a bit years of riding. I don't really want to get a new bike if I can help it! Although a new shock would cost as much as the bike is worth.

Any ideas or pearls of wisdom?

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    A bit of quick googling on the specialized website for archive models suggest a used fox in that size that you could maybe get refurbished, or maybe try 8.5 x 2.5.

An email to mojo might turn something up.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I have the 05 Enduro SX Trail with a 8.75x2.75 Van RC fitted.

Pretty sure you can fit a 8.75x2.75 shock to the 05 Enduro too, as it's more or less the same frame. Might need a different shock shuttle though.

There was a big thread on mtbr about old Enduros and different shocks so I'll see if I can dig it up for you.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8