Locking up bikes in a warehouse

richard_farrant
richard_farrant Posts: 231
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Hello

My company has recently moved into a new warehouse and there are no facilities currently in place for locking up bikes, my boss is open to the idea of putting a security solution inside the warehouse (yay, no wet bum!) but I am not sure what is the best option to go with. Ideally I would like a rack that the frame can be locked to but I cant see many examples of this except for the big U shaped racks that you see at supermarkets etc which maybe a bit restrictive to the rest of the warehouse, was thinking about something that could fix to a wall maybe? Have looked at the ground/wall anchors on screwfix with the idea of using a kryptonite cable plus heavy duty padlock as well.

Just wondering what other solutions people have had at the workplace...

Cheers

Richard

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Mine just sits in my office - I do put it on a bit of card though - stops the water dripping onto the carpet!

As for solutions - depends how many ppl you have wanting to use it - if it's just one or two then I would've thought just a corner with a dog ring in the wall for locks to go through would be sufficient and temporary enough that it doesn't inconvenience anyone should a space redesign take place.
  • Put it on a pallet and fork it up to a high rack location.