Anyone ridden Cockhill trails yet

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited November 2013 in Routes
Anyone ridden the new trails at Cockhill Todmorden yet. http://dirt-trax.co.uk/. Wondering if its worth the journey and the £7 to ride it. We are a bunch of middle aged riders who usually ride the Western Pennines, N Wales and the Lakes with the occasional trail centre thrown in for light relief.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• No and it's just round the dorner from me! It does seem a bit DH/freeride orientated though, similar to Farmer Johns. Would your skill set be wasted on a trip there?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • i went there at the weekend. The freeride line is pretty big, particularly if you're not on long travel bikes.

The main line is great fun and is do-able on AM bikes. Its quite long with a lot of elevation and appears to be most fun in the wet. It was muddy when we were there but it had been raining heavily - not sure if the mud is bad news once it drys out a bit.

You're looking at a 20 mins hard push up for the 3 minute plus DH run. Its not that steep or tech on DH bikes - few table tops and well built berms. If you want bigger stuff then the freeride line has plently of gap jumps and wooden ladder drops. Im going to keep going back there on my DH bike if I can't be bothered going further afield.

AS for value for money - its not that much and you're putting money back into the sport so im happy with that.

What I will say is that parking is very bad and there's probably room for 2 cars next to the main gate on Carr lane. You might have to park in the village and walk up. I think Wayne, the main guy there, will be sorting out the parking hopefully.