Best insoles for me to buy?

philpa33
philpa33 Posts: 4
edited November 2013 in MTB buying advice
Every time i pedal on my bike my arches of my feet start hurting... rather annoying the pain get so bad that its that what makes me stop rather than being too tired. So i thought id just ask what the best insoles you can buy are? Im not looking for buying expensive ones just some that can help with stopping the pressure that happens from cycling. I know there are a ton of branded insoles out there but like with all brands i guess you just buying into the brand and that it... I see some brands that are just exactly the same as non brand ones.. is this right?

Anyway cheerio!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what shoes are you using?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Some rubbishy nike ones at the moment :)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Then buy decent shoes with stiff soles.
    What part of your foot do you pedal with?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • philpa33
    philpa33 Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    The pedal fits between the arch lol im probably doing it wrong... im new to cycling (I am usually am a runner) you most probably right the thickness of the sole probably isn't enough meaning it digs in im going to see what shoes i can find right now plus im going to order a pair of massaging gel I was gonna go for this type the massaging insoles are supposed to help spread pressure so should be great for pedaling! Thanks guys!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Should have the axle of the pedal fractionally behind the ball of your foot.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools