recommend me a jesey for under my jacket

xixang
xixang Posts: 235
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
My campag winter jacket only has 1 pocket which is a little inconvenient when i need to carry waterproof, money. keys, phone etc so I'm looking at getting a long sleeved jersey for underneath for a bit of added warmth. I've plenty of base layers but they don't have pockets so currently I'm wearing a base layer, s/s jersey (for pockets) and then jacket but this tends to get a little too warm - even today when temperature this morning was around 2-3 degrees in parts. not after anything too heavy/hot as jacket is pretty good but I just need an extra layer. Could use armwarmers but s/s jersey alone isn't really enough for body.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Youve 6 bikes but no long sleeve jerseys ?

If you're too warm with jacket and SS jersey - wont you be too hot with a LS jersey underneath ?

TBH just about any LS jersey would do. Just make sure its got pockets. Jerseys dont have to do much - just fit and hold things.

I use this http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLP ... eve_jersey in spring autumn.
  • xixang
    edited November 2013
    had an old club one that got trashed in a crash last year and never got round to replacing. Changed clubs and can't get one without a large order going in. Didnt feel the need to replace it as my old winter jacket had pockets or I use armwarmers on cooler summer days. new jacket only has 1 pocket (oversight on my part but I like'd it too much to send back) which I can normally manage with but today I needed more room as going on a significantly longer ride so more food, change of gloves, waterproof etc needed. Don't like under saddle bags if I can avoid them

issue re getting too warm was having a base layer, s/s jersey then jacket so trying to shed 1 layer around core so that I just have a pocketed base then jacket
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    What about a Gilet? I have a dhb one and it is really good.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • xixang
    hmm. I could go for s/s jersey, armwarmers, jacket then gilet. That's might work as jacket should be warm enough with gilet keeping wind off chest and I'd have the arm coverage and pockets
  • peteco
    peteco Posts: 184
    Torm.cc is your answer. I have a couple of their long sleeve tops and love them.

Pete
  • xixang
    peteco wrote:
    Torm.cc is your answer. I have a couple of their long sleeve tops and love them.

Pete

looks the business, thanks. How do the sizes come up? Looking at their sizes I'm large neck but med chest, I suppose they are quite stretchy but I'd not want my neck too constricted
  • peteco
    peteco Posts: 184
    xixang wrote:
    peteco wrote:

Pete

looks the business, thanks. How do the sizes come up? Looking at their sizes I'm large neck but med chest, I suppose they are quite stretchy but I'd not want my neck too constricted

Yes - reasonably stretchy. They seem pretty responsive to queries, in fact I think they are members here.

Pete
  • I have 2 Torm jerseys and they are excellent.
    IMO you will struggle to get better for anything like the money.
    As for sizing, I'm usually a medium but get large from Torm.
  • fredmac wrote:
    I have 2 Torm jerseys and they are excellent.
    IMO you will struggle to get better for anything like the money.
    As for sizing, I'm usually a medium but get large from Torm.

+1, 2, and 3 and that's just for their service........ + another for the products #whyconsideranythingelse #doonethingwell