Sidi vs Specialized Size advice?

bigpikle
bigpikle Posts: 1,690
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Looking at some Sidi 6.6 Genius shoes but cant find a shop to try any on. I take a 45 in Shimano and Specialized shoes and about 10-10.5 in normal shoes.

I know its best to try them on but can anyone confirm if a 45 or 46 would be the best advice for the Sidi's?

Thanks
Your Past is Not Your Potential...

Comments

• careful
    careful Posts: 720
    I use size 46 in Shimano and find that 45.5 is perfect in Sidi (including Genius), 45 is just too small for me. Trouble is that half sizes are very hard to source so I reckon you would need 45 which would be roomy. That would be better than a 44 which would probably be too short.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    thanks - worth a try then. Cheers.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    For me specialized 45.5. Sidi 46.5
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I have had several pairs of both Sidi and Spesh and every time for me it's been Sidi 46 vs Spesh 45. That includes a pair of 6.6 Genius two or three years back - the most comfortable shoes I've had to date.

Peter
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    For me, Spesh 43, Sidi 44. Although the Sidi 44 is slightly bigger than the Spesh. So probably a half size difference.
  • Hi, I just bought a pair of Sidi Genius from Westbrook Cycles (whose mail order service is excellent and no I don't work for them :) ) and ordered them in a 42 which is my normal size but found that they were too small and got the 43 instead which are perfect. WC shipped the 43s the same day before receiving back the 42s. Nice shoe!
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I am the same size in Sidi and in Shimano.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro