BikeGlow vs SpokeLit (spoke lights)

josh_1871
josh_1871 Posts: 27
edited November 2013 in Commuting general
Has anyone used BikeGlow lights or Spoke lit lights on their spokes?

http://www.glow.co.uk/spoke-lit-bicycle-light.html

if so, would be keen to find out if theyre any good?

thanks

Comments

• No. But spoke reflectors work quite well.
  • I had a pair of green spokelits on my MTB, but lost one in the mud. Recently a friend got run over by a car so I thought I would make them back up to a pair and use them to be seen. I got a pair of orange and made up the pair of green. Last week I was riding with the orange pair on the front and the green pair on the back. Obviously I couldn't see well from where I was but they looked quite effective from my position. When I got them I thought the orange looked a bit feeble but it was fine in the dark.

I also had a 10% off code for the Glow Company but I can't find it now, something like Glow10
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I've been using some light up dust caps (got them free at a race event) that do the same thing. They look a bit daft but if they stop one driver pulling out on me they've done their job.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    I used to use the valve cap ones -I'd buy a set at start of winter and they tended to last right through Buying new was cheaper tha replacing the batteries. I now have those spoke reflector straws which do a similar job. Good for side visibility.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem