Focus Izalco Pro 3.0

thehighroad
thehighroad Posts: 57
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi all,

Thought I would show off my new toy. Was originally going to get a Ribble R872 with Athena and Zonda wheels but they couldn't deliver in my time scale so after hours of mulling over a Giant TCR Advanced or the Focus decided on the focus. Managed to get a good discount on a 2013 model. Just need to save up for the Zonda wheels now to replace the stock Fulcrums which will bring the weight down a bit, but compared to the Giant Defy it replaced it feels as light as a feather.

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

This is what it has replaced. Only rode it a couple of miles to get the setup right but feels lighter, faster and more responsive as you would expect, SRAM is silky smooth.

IMG_0326.jpg

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks very nice. :)
  • Superb. they look a 1000 times better than they used to. You might want to park the Giant outside now.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Cheers guys. I hadn't considered a Focus at all but when the Ribble I had ordered wasn't going to arrive for the weekend I needed a bike under £1700 quickly. Just so happened this one was on sale form a shop not far away. Wasn't sure from the picture but once I saw it in the flesh I was sold. I loved the look of the R872 and was dissapointed at first but couldn't be happier now.

Not quite sure why Focus put that wheelset on though considering the other components but they'll do for Winter.
  • That is one hell of a discount. Very tempting!
  • Looks great. I do like the look of Focus bikes.