Get the same stock saddle or try something new?

pipipi
pipipi Posts: 332
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
I'm in the process of replacing a broken saddle on my Giant TCR2

I have found it a comfortable saddle so I would be happy to get the same (or very similar). Not sure what a similar saddle would be, or am I better off going and finding it on the Giant website? The other option is to try something new which potentially could be loads better. Any good recommendations for something in a similar style but much better?

Comments

• Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    My mate has just replaced his TCR2 saddle for a Fizik arione which looks like the mirror image of the stock Giant saddle.
  • pipipi
    Fizik Arione? Cheers. will have a look. Hopefully shops let you try them?
  • Personally I would try and get the same if possible, your backside will be used to one saddle so changing can be hit and miss.
  • pipipi
    Good point, but I'm not sure if I can get the same one (might be a newer model) and although I'm happy to get same, maybe I'm missing out by not trying something even better.
  • 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    I've tried various saddles in the search for a comfortable one for my anatomy. Reading reviews does not help as everyone's bottom is different. Through trial and error I've now found what is comfortable for me and have the same saddle on 3 different bikes. If you found something that works for you keep with it as the search for another could be a long drawn out route to go down
  • If you can get the same saddle as before, buy two. A comfy saddle is more important than the weight of it, so if the stock Giant is suitable, available and you can afford to, then get two, as it might not be available next time....