2»

Comments

• tobamory
    tobamory Posts: 101
    I forsee Fattys becoming fun.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That's hardly foreseeing is it!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Makes it hard to swap tyres front to back. You'd have four different spoke lengths. Probably go tubeless, but do you carry two tubes just in case?

- How often do you swap tyres front to rear? I don't think I've ever done it!
    - You often have 4 different spoke lengths anyway, not really an issue
    - 26" tubes will stretch if necessary, or you can squash 29er tubes in

Don't see it as progress, but those aren't really issues frankly IMO.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    njee20 wrote:
    - How often do you swap tyres front to rear? I don't think I've ever done it!
    Some of us do!
    The Rookie wrote:
    as the weather worsens in autumn (gets better in spring - well sometime) I tend to put my next 'grippier' tyre on the front from what I have fitted and the old front on the rear and so on.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Fair enough, I just have a few pairs of tyres I swap to the conditions. I guess you end up needing mismatched pairs, you certainly won't be able to consolidate any tyres!