Changing travel on a Reba

Kowalski675
Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
edited November 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Quick question. Can a 100mm Reba RL/RLT be converted to 120mm? If so, is it a DIY job, and is it cheap to do?

I thank you.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    some yes some no. download the service info your your year or earlier d open them up, if you have the all ravel spacers fitted remove them. if you dont then you cant change the travel.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Kowalski675
    nicklouse wrote:
    some yes some no. download the service info your your year or earlier d open them up, if you have the all ravel spacers fitted remove them. if you dont then you cant change the travel.

They'd be 2013 Solo Airs. (I don't have them, but am considering a pair. I want 120mm, but 100mm are easier and cheaper to get hold of). Can't find any 2013 service info on their (rubbish) website.
  • nicklouse
    ask the seller then as i said some can be some can not be. the only way to know is to open them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Kowalski675
    nicklouse wrote:
    ask the seller then

Most don't seem to know.
  • 2013 solo airs need a new air spring assembly to change travel, you cant just use the all travel spacer.

One of the reasons I have 2012 dual airs on my spesh
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse wrote:
    ask the seller then

Most don't seem to know.
    yep.

and again there are a lot of variations over the years and versions. some even had Recon internals.

with out knowing EXACTLY what the fork is. was it after market or OE and if OE who for a guess can not be given.

the only way to know is to open them up. but if they dont say then presume they are not.
  • Kowalski675
    2013 solo airs need a new air spring assembly to change travel, you cant just use the all travel spacer.

Cheers.