Bont vs sidi

Whufcrule
Whufcrule Posts: 131
edited November 2013 in Road beginners
Hi lads I'm looking to get some new road shoes been using mavics for a yr now and looking at either getting some bont vaypour or some off the sidi wire I know the sidi are slightly more expensive just wanted any ones opinion good or bad reviews on either cheers in advance

Comments

• kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    Bont vaypors brilliant shoe heat up and mould to feet had mine over a year now and no issues, like wearing slippers. Tried sidi's but uncomfortable for me personally and not as sleek.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I've gone from Sidi Ergo 2 to Bont Vaypor +. Won't be going back.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Thanks lads I think that's made my mind up for me seeing as you have been with sidi and gone to bont just another question what's there sizing like?? I'm about 11 and half uk size I'm thinking I'll prob go for 48 that sound about right lads??
  • napoleond
    Sizing is important with bonts. I got measured by the dealer ( www.cadencesport.co.uk ) so if they weren't right the comeback was on them.
    Make sure you can try them on before buying...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I can't try them on as I'm buying online
  • Whufcrule wrote:
    Thanks lads I think that's made my mind up for me seeing as you have been with sidi and gone to bont just another question what's there sizing like?? I'm about 11 and half uk size I'm thinking I'll prob go for 48 that sound about right lads??

I would go with the sizing on the Bont website rather sizing up or down on what you currently use (if you can't go to a shop to try them on...)

http://www.bont.com/cycling/items/support/size.html
  • Yeah I'm thinking about going for 48 in my head but I'll measure up properly on the website and see what size they suggest if it's 48 I'll be happy haha
  • Are the bont vaypour really comfortable?? I read somewhere u can't walk about in them to much?? And has anyone got the neon ones?? Or do they look a bit to bright??
  • napoleond
    I tend to wear mine for riding in rather than walking.

They are hard to walk in due to the stiffness. But, well they aren't designed for walking.

On the bike they are sublime.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    On the bike they are sublime.

Agree with this. They felt very strange to begin with. Arch support felt way to intrusive, but stuck with them and now they feel great!

(should point out I've not got Vaypors, I've got A-Threes. But wouldn't hesistate to get another pair...)
  • yeah cheers lads i think i gonna def go with the bonts over the sidi and hope i dont regret it cheers for a help lads