Bont Vaypor owners...

ScreaminWargasm
ScreaminWargasm Posts: 289
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Just received my new Bont Vaypor Plus shoes but was a little surprised that they came with no paperwork / care guide. Considering these are meant to be chucked in the oven for moulding, I'd have thought that Bont would have included some info on this as well as the ratchet dials.

All I got was the shoes in a Bont bag. Anyone know if this is normal or should I have received something else?

Thanks in advance,

Mick

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    You should have got a pack of haribo too
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • No such luck....they weren't from Wiggle!
  • I thought the same.

Bit odd for something that could quite easily go wrong. I got details off the website, and even emailed them to ask for confirmation.

Think it's 10 mins at 80'C, but don't take my word for it!
  • Just checked and recommends 70 degrees for 20 minutes. Not that I am going to do it as the bottom dial on one of the shoes is broken. It doesn't seem to tighten up and just turns round and round. The shoe opens again under the slightest pressure. The other 3 all seem fine though.

Not impressed seen as they cost £250 :x

They are going back!!!
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    There should be a box as well as the bag.
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • Buckles wrote:
    There should be a box as well as the bag.

That's what I was thinking. The moulding instructions were on the inside of the box lid of mine. Where did you get them from?
  • Got them from Sigma sports. Been returned due to the faulty ratchet dial now. I will see what the replacements are like.
  • Just checked and recommends 70 degrees for 20 minutes.

If that doesn't soften them enough, try the Pyrolyze function. Max setting should do it. (Watch out though, the oven door usually locks).
  • The shoe opens again under the slightest pressure. The other 3 all seem fine though.
    I noticed this as well with the toe dials- I cinched them down and by scrunching up my toes I was able to pop open both dials. Sheit.

I got the regular Vaypors and am happy with them thus far.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • I think I'll be doing the same as if they are that unreliable, they aren't worth the money. I bet the Atop dials will be a total PITA to find if they need replacing too.
    Im tempted to get the S Works instead!