Cycling Power and Demographics

Sports Tech Review
edited November 2013 in Commuting general
Hello,

I am looking for some help from the cycling community, I am co-ordinating a study that investigates the correlation between power output and cyclist demographics. I have put together a short survey, and I would be very grateful if you could take the time to fill it in – it shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes!

It is hosted by ‘Survey Monkey’ and can be accessed at the following link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZCPMFS8

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer other than my thanks!

Comments

• Do you expect commuters and 'potter about' cyclists to know their FTP?
    I'm guessing just over half of the users on this forum have a reasonable idea.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,881
    I'm a pretty keen cyclist but I have absolutely no idea what my ftp is, no way of finding out and no great interest in the result.
    I don't expect I'm alone.

I guess some kind of estimate can be gleaned from Strava but you're going to have to give people some help or better still, ask for a link to a suitable Strava ride (if they have such a thing) and then you can do the maths
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No idea of my FTP, can I use the power from Strava?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I thought FTP was a method of copying a file from A to B, literally never heard of it in cycling terms!
    First love - Genesis Equilibrium 20
    Dirty - Forme Calver CX Sport
    Quickie - Scott CR1 SL HMX
    Notable ex's - Kinesis Crosslight, Specialized Tricross