ads on pages

jewbs
jewbs Posts: 139
I don't know about anyone else but i am getting really pi$$ed off by the adverts that appear on both sides of the panel, in fact most ads but the ads at the side that move to catch up with you as you scroll up and down are just really bugging me and i've had enough of them really. I'm not interested in anything they promote , even the ones that are targeted at what you've been browsing still don't interest me. Is there anyway of removing the ads or am i stuck with them. I really think they are spoiling the web site or any site that has them. I know that sites have to use advertising for financial reasons but i think its gone a bit over the top.

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    jewbs wrote:
    I don't know about anyone else but i am getting really pi$$ed off by the adverts that appear on both sides of the panel, in fact most ads but the ads at the side that move to catch up with you as you scroll up and down are just really bugging me and i've had enough of them really. I'm not interested in anything they promote , even the ones that are targeted at what you've been browsing still don't interest me. Is there anyway of removing the ads or am i stuck with them. I really think they are spoiling the web site or any site that has them. I know that sites have to use advertising for financial reasons but i think its gone a bit over the top.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40033
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I think the mods need to create a dedicated section for people to moan about the advertising :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    I think the mods need to create a dedicated section for people to moan about the advertising :lol:

Half the time when I click on a thread I get a different thread loaded because the advertising has caused the page to jump around!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    arran77 wrote:

Half the time when I click on a thread I get a different thread loaded because the advertising has caused the page to jump around!

That's their cunning ploy to get you to look at sections of the forum that you don't normally view :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn