Tenerife bike hire advice

carrock
carrock Posts: 1,103
edited November 2013 in Tour & expedition
Off to costa adeje in feb and fancy cycling up Mt Teide

Any recommendation on bike hire companies for 2 decent bikes- carbon ultegra preferred

We are staying in costa adeje and wondering whether we could do the ascent from there or not.

Might be a long day?

Comments

• I climbed Teide last Tuesday, lovely climb. From Adeje you have a couple of options.

The 'easy' way is to take TF82 through Guia de Isora to Chia (last water stop), then take TF38 to TF21 and on to the cable car. Descend down TF21 to Villaflor then take TF51 back to Playa/Adeje.

Reverse this route for a more challenging climb using Villaflor as last water stop.

The cable car base has a cafe but is expensive. It will be colder up there in Feb so you'll need arm/leg warmers and a windproof jacket for the descent. Check the weather before setting out.

If you want to die half way up a climb then Masca is for you. Stay on TF82. I did this one in a hire car and it was tiring :D

Also recommend getting the Ferry to La Gomera. Lovely tarmac and quite roads. Really nice climb. Ferry from Los Cristianos costs 52 euros including bike.

I hired from Bike Point in Playa de las Americas. Nice guys and very helpful. Book in advance via email as they can be busy.

http://www.bikepointtenerife.com/

Enjoy!
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    excellent stuff thanks for comprehensive reply

I looked at bike point as they do organised tours. think I can hire 2 carbon ultegra BMCs plus a tour for just over £100.

That's another one off the bucket list hopefully. Planning on doing Ventoux so Teide should be good practice and a bit less windy!!