Jersey-proof insulated Sarnie bag?

Oxo
Oxo Posts: 144
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Bit of an odd one, but I'm wondering if anyone's found such a thing as a little insulated zip-up bag type thing for carrying a sarnie in the back of your jersey. I'm sick to death of Gels, bananas and flapjacks and would really appreciate a method of preserving a cheese sarnie in an semi-edible state for 3 or 4 hours.

If I wrap one in tin-foil or cling film it ends up mushed up, rain or sweat soaked. Obviously I could put it in a plastic box, but I don't fancy carrying around a hard edged box in the event of an "unscheduled, traumatic dismount".

E-Bay just turns up massive things with Dora the Explorer etc printed on it, so I maybe I just need help with my search criteria!

Cheers

Ox
Sunday Best: 2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
Foul Weather: 2010 Kinesis Racelight T2
Commuter: 1958 Holdsworth Zephyr Fixed Gear

Comments

• Roll up a wrap and stick in the spare bottle.
  • Oxo
    ^ That's a cracking idea, cheers!
  • Er, ziplock sandwich bag? Usually works for me - buy rolls/cobs rather than bread and use something like peanut butter to keep it all together (the cement of the sandwich world). Failing that, just but some Soreen and take it with you. That stuff is a) delicious and b) indestructible!
    The Human Cyclist - A blog, try it, you might like it...
  • Oxo
    Er, ziplock sandwich bag? Usually works for me - buy rolls/cobs rather than bread and use something like peanut butter to keep it all together (the cement of the sandwich world). Failing that, just but some Soreen and take it with you. That stuff is a) delicious and b) indestructible!

Soreen, fab stuff agreed. Ziplocks are great, but ideally looking for something insulated.