One off cycle jersey help please

cerv50
cerv50 Posts: 272
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
In the world of cycle jerseys it is a minefield. I have searched a few companies but thought if anyone had any recommendations it would be useful.

Basically my wife's Uncle passed away this weekend and I said I would ride the 2014 London to Brighton in his memory, whilst raising money for the British Heart Foundation.

So basically I am looking for a company that can manufacture me a jersey to my design specs.

Has anyone had anything made for specifically for them?

Comments

• What about those places that put photos onto t-shirts?

Just buy a plain jersey and design something for them to screen print on ... It'll not vent as well over the print but for 1 days cycling it'd do a job? Especially if you didn't need too much design ...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    What about those places that put photos onto t-shirts?

Just buy a plain jersey and design something for them to screen print on ... It'll not vent as well over the print but for 1 days cycling it'd do a job? Especially if you didn't need too much design ...

+1 - from what I have heard of L2B, its a stop start traffic jam so you won't be needing breathable fabric that much.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    cerv50 wrote:
    In the world of cycle jerseys it is a minefield. I have searched a few companies but thought if anyone had any recommendations it would be useful.

Basically my wife's Uncle passed away this weekend and I said I would ride the 2014 London to Brighton in his memory, whilst raising money for the British Heart Foundation.

So basically I am looking for a company that can manufacture me a jersey to my design specs.

Has anyone had anything made for specifically for them?

Will the jersey bring you in any more money ? Will people donate mid ride ? Save the money - ride in a normal top and then you could donate the money youve saved to the charity ?
  • Gunnsie
    Gunnsie Posts: 171
    British Heart Foundation do a number of cycle jerseys on their website with their logo etc on... you could buy one of those, then that would be your own donation to a fantastic charity: -

http://giftshop.bhf.org.uk/healthy-livi ... cling.html
  • For the BHF L2B I would wear cycling clothes and print my own T-shirt to go over the top. A pack of T-shirt print paper will only cost about £10 plus the cost of T-shirt and ink.
  • cerv50
    cerv50 Posts: 272
    Gunnsie wrote:
    British Heart Foundation do a number of cycle jerseys on their website with their logo etc on... you could buy one of those, then that would be your own donation to a fantastic charity: -

Excellent idea, never thought of doing that as one off cycle jerseys are quite expensive. If I get a plain colour I can get the print at home kits to put my words on.

This will be my 3rd year doing the L2B and although not having raised much my £1300 certainly must help someone :D
  • Gunnsie
    Gunnsie Posts: 171
    cerv50 wrote:
    Gunnsie wrote:

Excellent idea, never thought of doing that as one off cycle jerseys are quite expensive. If I get a plain colour I can get the print at home kits to put my words on.

This will be my 3rd year doing the L2B and although not having raised much my £1300 certainly must help someone :D

That's brilliant. The money you've raised will go to helping people like my brother. He actually had an operation today at the Royal Brompton Heart and Lung hospital in London. BHF have paid for lots of very expensive equipment in this hospital which has saved many lives.

Keep up the excellent work!! I'm looking to do the Night version of the L2B in July for BHF.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/even ... -ride.aspx