Bealach Mor on TV

sunartmedia
sunartmedia Posts: 10
The Adventure Show covered the 2013 Bealach Mor sportive which includes the classic Bealach na Ba crossing to Applecross. It's on TV tonight on BBC-2 Scotland, which you can find around the UK on Freesat and Sky. It'll also be on the iPlayer for 7 days. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01kbvv1

Comments

• Got it on record for tonight - preview clip looking good.

The Adventure Show is a wee gem of a programme, but a bit elusive. Remember, presenter Dougie Vipond is ex-Deacon Blue drummer 8)
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Watched it live and really enjoyed it. Checked out transport but it would take me 6h on the train to get there. Think Lowther Hill will have to do for me, even if the scenery isn't quite in the same league ;-)
  • On the iPlayer now for seven days http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_4/
    S
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Looks a helluva ride, hoping we can do it in 2014!
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • i have done this sportive it is very gud, the second half is imo just as bad if not worse than the bealach its self as its continually up n down, but in a beautifull unspoilt part of the country. a must do :wink:
  • Watched it this morning while waiting for the Virgin engineer. Doogie, why were you riding that Specialized when you own a Wilier???

Anyway it was a good show. Nice to see a Dundee Thistle jersey in there (Brian the mountain goat) but not so nice to see a COG Velo one though :lol:
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Good post, what a cracking sportive and would love to try it but it is a very very long long way.Kudos to the climber aswel.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Having driven up it I would love to ride that climb and do the loop. Again: a long, long way but my God it's beautiful up there
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Thanks for letting us know about the show, I really enjoyed it. It was amusing that they explained that a sportive isn't a race but then kept talking about who was in the lead, and finished with a results page.
  • I'm pleased folk enjoyed it. It is a long way to travel but you can make a holiday of it using Caledonian Sleeper train from Euston (which has bike hanging racks). When Cyclist Magazine came up to ride the route which featured in the last issue 15, that's how they travelled and I collected them at Fort William.

The Adventure Show is made for BBC Scotland Sport. Because it's the Sport department, I believe the events are meant to have 'winners'. However, the coverage criteria are stretched for a good event like this.

I ought to declare my involvement. I shot all the footage on the big climb and all the GoPro material for Triple Echo Productions which makes the show for the BBC.

The next Adventure Show will feature the Glencoe Marathon (I cut this one & it's a good show) and we'll be back on bikes for the Strathpuffer 24hr mountain bike race in January.
    S
  • Bugger, missed this on Iplayer as well.

Is there anyway of getting to watch it that anyone knows about?
  • The only official way of getting a copy is to contact Triple Echo Productions in Newtonmore or reach them through Facebook.

They're a small company and most of their effort is directed towards producing TV programmes rather than duplicating copies of previous episodes, so you might have to wait quite a while for a reply or copy.
    S