Ultegra 6800......are there 2 different colour/finishes?

epo-aholic
epo-aholic Posts: 1,414
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
Am i correct in saying there is a light and dark grey finish available?

really like the look of the darker finish but i can't seem to find any confirmation anywhere....

Thanks in advance

JB

Comments

• majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    AFAIK there's only one finish, which is basically dark grey. Some of the product shots make it look lighter than it really is.
  • No, there's definitely two, a normal light-grey/silver and a very dark-grey/graphitey/almost black shade, but these seem to be very rare.
  • 6700 has to finishes but 6800 only has one which is slightly lighter than the darker 6700 version. I certainly wouldn't say it's as dark as graphite grey. It also has gloss and matt areas to the finish which isn't clear from the photos.
  • Just bought a 6800 group and only ever saw one colour option. There was 2 options for 6700, silver and grey and you would always get the option when buying. I agree that some of the pictures do make the grey look lighter than it actually is.

Just as an aside I found Tweeks cycles to be the cheapest by far for 6800 parts.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    No, there's definitely two, a normal light-grey/silver and a very dark-grey/graphitey/almost black shade, but these seem to be very rare.[/quot

6800 is only available in this colour

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg
  • epo-aholic
    epo-aholic Posts: 1,414
    Cheers for all the input guys :-)