Computer calendar question

JackPozzi
JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
I'm currently using google calendar, my phone and tablet are both android and I use use Chrome browser on my PCs so it's the sensible choice for keeping things synced.

However, I would like to be able to select multiple events over a few weeks and copy them to a point a couple of weeks later which isn't possible. I could possible use the repeat function but it's not ideal as it's not going to be a regular pattern.

So I'm trying to find some software for windows 8 that will let me do that and sync with google, ideally free but would be willing to spend a small amount of money.

Any suggestions please?

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Blatantly obvious question - Does copy & paste not work?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • JackPozzi
    It's fairly easy to do for individual events but if there's a way of copying about a month's worth of events in one go it would be much easier, and as far as I can work out you can't select multiple events
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Lead a simpler life? :lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Are the multiple events on concurrent days, ie Work on Monday to Thursday with the repeat pattern the same?

If so, edit the event so rather than having 4 events from Monday to Thursday, you have an event on Monday that repeats Monday to Thursday. Once done click on the event to edit it then use the more actions drop down menu at the top of the screen and select 'Duplicate Event'.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • JackPozzi
    Not that simple sadly! It's actually for planning my training, there are various sessions that I use that i assign a code to for simplicity.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Same problem here - use Outlook and Google calendar, would love to sync them

anyone remotely tech-y who can help out there?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • JackPozzi
    I did manage to find a solution using mozilla thunderbird with the lightning plugin, which does allow for easy copy and pasting and then another plug in to sync with Google
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    JackPozzi wrote:
    I did manage to find a solution using mozilla thunderbird with the lightning plugin, which does allow for easy copy and pasting and then another plug in to sync with Google

...is this available in English?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • JackPozzi
    Course not, it's computerese!

Right, Thunderbird is made by a company called Mozilla and is basically a free competitor to outlook.

Then you can download add on bits of software for it, the calendar is called lightning.

Lightning good, and jackpozzi happy