Black Shark Front or Rear?

benillustrious
benillustrious Posts: 4
edited November 2013 in MTB buying advice
So to cut a long story short, ive recently started getting back out on my bike, but the tyres aren't up to scratch for the time of year and the muddy(ish) conditions. I went to my local shop and bought a Schwalbe Black Shark (unfortunatley the store is closing down so it was a good price), my question is; should I put it on the front and find a decent rear? Or should I put it on the back and get a Hans Dampf for the front?
I mostly ride sherwood pines (its near by) or wooded areas & dirt tracks. Im not too fussed about weights, just something that grips and wont let me down.

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Don't know this tyre but I always go for the most grippy tyre up front and a slightly quicker one on the rear. I think there are 2 Hans Dampfs too aren't there? Pace star & trail star? I 'think' the latter is more grippy.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Looks like the black shark is part of schwalbe's active or performance line, so unlikely to be much good unfortunately
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500