Sram x9 problem. Have I been scammed?

ashgill
ashgill Posts: 20
edited November 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I've bought some SRAM x9 shifters off ebay but when I've opened one up to replace the cable it looks like something is missing.
z5VrAQJ.jpg
The right one is missing the ring, have I been bummed here and sold a faulty shifter?

It clicks like it's working with the case on though.
This is the only place where I can imagine the end of the cable will go but doesn't seem right (circled the location)
HzsaNPT.jpg

Comments

• pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    I have had both types and yes that is where the cable goes, why not put them on & try them only takes a few minutes & you will know for certain then.
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • ashgill
    pilch wrote:
    I have had both types and yes that is where the cable goes, why not put them on & try them only takes a few minutes & you will know for certain then.
    Unfortunately I can't because my bike shop is shut so I can't get a new cable. Thanks a lot though buddy 8)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    when you say ring you mean the big red thing?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ashgill
    nicklouse wrote:
    when you say ring you mean the big red thing?
    Yeah
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Might just different year as they tend to revise things from time to time.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Those are fine. That's how they are made. I've worked on many of them before. Stick a cable in and adjust. There's no issue there.