eBay turbo trainers

tubbs_214
tubbs_214 Posts: 185
edited October 2013 in Road general
Does anybody use or has had chance to use one the £50-£60 turbo trainers that are on eBay. I was just wandering if they are really good value or just cheap shite I'm not to bothered about features and it doesn't even really matter how loud it is as I'll be in the shed any ways. It will only be used once or twice a week wen the weather turns really bad I'm not bothered about a bit of rain it's when the roads start freezing at the nights that I'm bothered about.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• kwi
    kwi Posts: 181
    One of the Beko ones? I have one but had to buy a new (Tacx) skewer before using it, and it is loud. Bought it to see if I could get on with a turbo, can't really and wish I had spent the money on wet weather/winter clothing instead.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    I'd rather go for a second hand Tacx (or similar) one bought of someone like kwi to be honest...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Speaking of second hand Tacx, this looks too good to be true...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261314649685? ... 1438.l2649

Worth the punt, or do you reckon you'll end up with an empty cardboard box?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    bung a fiver on it..for 30 Squids it might be the best deal ever!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • he's only got 2 feedbacks scores as well.....looks dodgy but ya never know.
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    ddraver wrote:
    I'd rather go for a second hand Tacx (or similar) one bought of someone like kwi to be honest...

Yep. I got one of the Ebay ones a couple of years ago - it was perfectly adequate. I've now got an Elite fluid trainer, which gets used far more frequently and doesn't deafen me when in use. Better to keep your eyes peeled for a better quality second hand turbo in my opinion.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    I paid £55(new of ebay) for one last winter and it worked fine.Not to noisy and can get a good work out.I am happy with it and have not bothered to upgrade as it does all I need.
    To be honest,if you want better features pay more but if you just want to turbo then they are fine .
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori