Think I may have just found my next bike

2»

Comments

• Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    My mate has recently bought the X9 CCDB version and it's a lot of kit for the money definitely. Nowhere near the claimed weight though based on lifting it. Feels heavier than my Strive (claimed 14kg).

Also the mech hanger snapped first ride out and now the frame has cracked just in front of the mech hanger. Not saying they are all like that by any means. Cable routing was definitely suspect as well, unfortunately he didn't realise until it had eaten a chunk of the paint work!

I think it'll be a decent bike once On One have sorted his frame.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Woody80 wrote:
    unfortunately he didn't realise until it had eaten a chunk of the paint work!

Should've bought the raw ally version, lol :wink: I think the raw looks great, but I reckon I'd have to have the candy orange, it's lush.

he was probably just unlucky with his frame, I've not heard any reliability horror stories (Lapierre, anyone?...). Ed Oxley's bikes have done a lot of miles with no breakages. Only thing that puts me off a little is the old school QR rear axle, but I doubt the extra stifness of a 142 x 12 would make any difference to me.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    How can a bike with three and a half stars be awarded the best 150mm bike?!
  • I think it was a trail bike test of roughly 20 bikes in wmb. They gave various bikes different awards.