Strava & Sufferfest Link Up

charliew87
charliew87 Posts: 371
edited November 2013 in Road general
Just noticed when updating my android Strava app that there's now 3 Sufferfest training videos linked on there now free of charge (might be premium users only, not sure).

Strange lack of fanfare about it, as the videos are excellent and a real selling point for Strava Premium in the winter.

Look forward to using them alongside the other 3 I've already purchased from the Sufferfest.
Canyon AL Ultimate 9.0

Comments

• Canyon AL Ultimate 9.0
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Interesting... I have an Apple TV gadget so when the iOS app comes out, will give it a go
  • Has anyone ever fallen off their bike while on the turbo?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • peteco
    peteco Posts: 184
    No, but I managed to puncture !

Pete

Has anyone ever fallen off their bike while on the turbo?
  • I have had a blowout on the turbo; scared the crap out of me as was not expecting it at all lol!
  • Not the turbo but don't recommend watching POV cycling DVDs on rollers.....
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Not the turbo but don't recommend watching POV cycling DVDs on rollers.....

...or for that matter when riding on rollers in your garage if your next door neighbours cat walks in front of you don't, I repeat DON'T, swerve to avoid it!!
  • kwi
    kwi Posts: 181
    crispybug2 wrote:

...or for that matter when riding on rollers in your garage if your next door neighbours cat walks in front of you don't, I repeat DON'T, swerve to avoid it!!
    I've just spat beer over my screen. :lol:
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    It's for premium users only.

And yes, I have fallen off the turbo. Happened when I tried clips for the first time. Getting on to try clipping in and out, the inside leg clipped back in as I was dismounting causing, bike and the turbo to overbalance with me falling into the cross trainer and bruising the ribs on the left side.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    Currently enjoy watching Classic Paris roubaix race of you tube while I'm on the rollers
  • einriba
    einriba Posts: 319

Not a turbo but a friend of mine used to ride rollers while watching the TdF.

He used old tubs to hook under his arms and attach to the ceiling rafters to help his stability.

The cameraman switched to a motorbike view on a decent, and my mate somehow was so entraced by it he leaned in to the corner with the rest of the peloton! Numpty! Had to call his wife to help detach him from his tubs and bike.
    Getting up is the second hardest thing in the morning
  • einriba wrote:

Not a turbo but a friend of mine used to ride rollers while watching the TdF.

He used old tubs to hook under his arms and attach to the ceiling rafters to help his stability.

The cameraman switched to a motorbike view on a decent, and my mate somehow was so entraced by it he leaned in to the corner with the rest of the peloton! Numpty! Had to call his wife to help detach him from his tubs and bike.
    :lol::lol:
  • Similarly, (if you have a set of rollers) don't sit in your living room at 1am after a few beers watching YouTube vids of people doing no-handed, one legged roller sessions. Because then you will get ideas above your station, you will go in to your garage, grab your expensive Wiler, hop onto the rollers and try to mimic them. And then you will pile in very loudly, very painfully, and dish your rear wheel.

No handed I can do. No handed and one legged? Not a chance.
  • crispybug2 wrote:

I've had a crap day but this made me laugh out loud. Thanks.